08-01-2017 09:01 AM
194 ... 678
tools
    Hi,
    I am blown away by some of the SOT you are all posting. I myself got 10 hours of SOT my first day but since then my battery life has not come quite as close and I can't figure out why. Are any of you doing anything in particular to get such great battery life?

12-07-2016 12:51 AM
    Hi,
    I am blown away by some of the SOT you are all posting. I myself got 10 hours of SOT my first day but since then my battery life has not come quite as close and I can't figure out why. Are any of you doing anything in particular to get such great battery life? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d462dbda4c.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0d77fc55c3.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7561b6c9e9.jpg
    Well the first thing that I notice is that youre using the Facebook app. That's one of the biggest battery draining apps that you can have on your phone.
    On2Vegas likes this.
    12-07-2016 07:38 AM
    Also, how is your cellular signal and you appear to have some wake locks also?
    12-07-2016 08:01 AM
    DUAL SIM, very weak cellular signal, weak WIFI
    Attached Thumbnails Moto Z Play Battery Life-10504.jpg  
    12-07-2016 08:27 AM
    Weak signal and weak WiFi will eat through battery.
    12-07-2016 09:37 AM
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks for your feedback. Is there anything I can do to improve my battery life here? I don't really want to remove the Facebook app and I'm not sure what to do about cell signal, wifi signal, etc.

12-07-2016 07:53 PM
    Hi benjamminh,
    what are "wake locks"?
    and how can I prevent them from eating up my battery? I already turned off the Moto feature of waving your hand over the screen to see notifications.
    Also, how is your cellular signal and you appear to have some wake locks also?
    12-07-2016 07:57 PM
    Wake locks are apps in the background waking your phone so its CPU is anyways always working. GSAM can give you some info. Held awake indicates your phone isn't sleeping when it should. One or more rogue apps can do that.
    12-07-2016 10:47 PM
    Wake locks are apps in the background waking your phone so its CPU is anyways always working. GSAM can give you some info. Held awake indicates your phone isn't sleeping when it should. One or more rogue apps can do that.
    Is there a way to find out what wake locks are keeping the phone awake on Marshmallow?
    12-07-2016 11:01 PM
    Is there a way to find out what wake locks are keeping the phone awake on Marshmallow?
    After poking around in the GSam app it looks like you have to be rooted and install a companion app to get that detail, unfortunately. Anyone else know of another way to get this info?
    12-08-2016 12:24 AM
    I am on my second Z Play. The first one had the same symptoms as what you describe. I was within my 2 weeks so exchanged it for a new one (even though Verizon insisted it was not defective) and the 2nd one has dramatically better better life. Look up the Android 6.0 wakelock bug. My phone, and others, may have had this bug that keeps the phone awake, never sleeps, and thus, drains the better quickly. If you think others are getting more battery life than you are on the Moto Z's, definitely look into it. I could not find a fix, other than exchanging the phone of course, but it still may be worth looking in to.
    12-10-2016 06:13 AM
    Android 6.0 wakelock bug. Research it... the bug does not allow the phone to sleep.
    12-10-2016 06:32 AM
    Like it
    04-20-2017 07:22 PM
    Like it
    Hey, a BBM user!!! It's like finding that elusive pokemon character ;-)

I remember you from that "febreze" forum (haha) . . anyway, been strongly considering the z play but can get a pixel for the same price on my plan . . Like the stock android on pixel but moto is pretty stock as well, correct? . . but this battery life is hard to ignore, alot of reviewers are raving and saying how they keep putting down their flagships and going back to this phone . . So I'm just wondering what your experience has been, have you owned a pixel, are you happy with the z play outside of the battery life? How do you like the display? etc etc
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-21-2017 10:27 AM
    Hey, a BBM user!!! It's like finding that elusive pokemon character ;-)

I remember you from that "febreze" forum (haha) . . anyway, been strongly considering the z play but can get a pixel for the same price on my plan . . Like the stock android on pixel but moto is pretty stock as well, correct? . . but this battery life is hard to ignore, alot of reviewers are raving and saying how they keep putting down their flagships and going back to this phone . . So I'm just wondering what your experience has been, have you owned a pixel, are you happy with the z play outside of the battery life? How do you like the display? etc etc
    LOL, yep on the febrile / Pantless it's only my second android but from what I understand mostly stock with a few moto additions. I haven't had a pixel, my last phone was galaxy grand prime. I'm happy with it. I don't play games on it. I tweaked some settings and it's very fast and smooth for the most part. The vibration is pretty weak is my only complaint so far. The camera is OK, haven't had it very long, takes good pics in daylight, OK pics indoors but action shots so far are blurred. I haven't tried the pro mode but there is no action or sport setting. The display is fine with me but coming from the galaxy maybe I'm not a good judge lol.
    revtech likes this.
    04-21-2017 11:45 AM
    This was with a lot of music over Bluetooth and 2 and half hours of GPS with the screen off for most of the GPS and music.
    05-05-2017 01:58 PM
    Are you on Marshmallow or Nugat?
    06-12-2017 09:50 AM
    Nougat
    virland likes this.
    06-14-2017 09:48 PM
    It's amazing how much longer the Play runs on the same size battery as an S7 Edge. I bought a Moto Z Play Droid after trying to get used to the Edge. Samsung should have left Android alone, instead of mucking it up ..
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-01-2017 09:01 AM
194 ... 678