Moto Z Play Battery Life

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
True but phones previously that had 3100 - 3300 mAh batteries didn't get 10 hours of SOT with a 1080p or 720p display. One guy said he had phones with 6000 mAh batteries in his phone and it didn't get as good battery life as this phone. That's crazy talk. Motorola is doing some voodoo with this phone.

This is so true. How does the Z Play get as good of battery life as phones with a 5000mah battery?

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
This is so true. How does the Z Play get as good of battery life as phones with a 5000mah battery?

The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 625 processor uses leading-edge 14 nm technology to power premium experiences in high-tier smartphones without draining the battery. With features like support for full HD (1080p), integrated X9 LTE, and Qualcomm® Adreno™ 506 PC-class graphics, the Snapdragon 625 is designed to provide fast connectivity, vibrant displays, and performance that's both powerful and efficient.

low-power Cortex A53 processor and efficiency-boosting features like universal bandwidth compression etc

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to wait till 20 October to find out! That's when Best Buy is scheduled to ship. Once I get the phone, i can mate that Incipio battery mod to the phone & see what I've got! Looks very promising so far!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
True but phones previously that had 3100 - 3300 mAh batteries didn't get 10 hours of SOT with a 1080p or 720p display. One guy said he had phones with 6000 mAh batteries in his phone and it didn't get as good battery life as this phone. That's crazy talk. Motorola is doing some voodoo with this phone.

I really think that it is the soc. My moto g4 plus is similarly specd other than the soc and gets at max 6 hours SOT.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
OK, so how does the camera rate with other phones??? I would imagine that some of you have owned Iphones, Samsung Galaxy, and other flagship phones...

Can anyone compare it to the Droid Turbo 2 which is what I currently own???

I'm not talking about spec wise as it has been my experience that megapixel and other spec measurements mean little....

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you like the Droid Turbo 2 camera? The Z Play camera isn't considered as good as the Z Force, but might be comparable to the T2 overall.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
OK, so how does the camera rate with other phones??? I would imagine that some of you have owned Iphones, Samsung Galaxy, and other flagship phones...

Can anyone compare it to the Droid Turbo 2 which is what I currently own???

I'm not talking about spec wise as it has been my experience that megapixel and other spec measurements mean little....

I own an S7e but from what I've heard its pretty solid. Outdoor shots in the day have good color representation, contrast, and white balance but the exposure can be off at times like the HTC 10. Sometimes it blows out the highlights. In lowlight it's about average. Pretty much every camera on a phone this year is serviceable for the average person.

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I live in the Netherlands and registered here with my G+ account to comment here.

I got the Moto Z Play 2 days now, Before this I had the nexus 6p and before that the Moto X Play which had the 615 and a 3630 battery.

I can tell you now I am happy to have sold my 6P for the Z Play. The fingerprintscanner is very fast, faster than the 6P and better placed too. Battery life is so much better, about or above the same numbers I got from the Moto X Play, which was it's predecessor.

Difference is the 625 seems to blow the 615 out of the water, with that 1 gig of ram extra and the design + scanner it is an incredible package. I am getting the battery mod too so I can feel more secure when going out.

I got the dual sim version, I also got a free Style mod in the package, black threaded pattern, cloth like yet hard, feels great. The bootloader I unlocked already via the normal process, waiting for root capabilities.

To give an example, everything but wifi turned off in the dark, lowest brightness gave me 1:30 hour SoT until I got to 90%-92% more or less, amazingly well done phone.

It has no lagg to speak of and the camera is perfectly serviceable. Keeping this phone for a while for sure.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Do you like the Droid Turbo 2 camera? The Z Play camera isn't considered as good as the Z Force, but might be comparable to the T2 overall.

The Droid Turbo 2 camera is OK -- certainly NOT flagship caliber. My number one complaint about the T2 is the camera. Before my T2 I owned an Iphone 5 which was the only smartphone I had ever owned. And I do think the Iphone 5 had a better camera.

Just curious if the Z Play camera is on par with the T2. I'm guessing that it isn't.

Hard to understand why in the past Moto's flagship phone cameras have lagged the competition. And I'm not interested in adding a camera mod.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
The Droid Turbo 2 camera is OK -- certainly NOT flagship caliber. My number one complaint about the T2 is the camera. Before my T2 I owned an Iphone 5 which was the only smartphone I had ever owned. And I do think the Iphone 5 had a better camera.

Just curious if the Z Play camera is on par with the T2. I'm guessing that it isn't.

Hard to understand why in the past Moto's flagship phone cameras have lagged the competition. And I'm not interested in adding a camera mod.

Agreed. I'm curious about the Z Play camera too? I also own a T2 and while its camera is pretty good under good lighting, it falls apart in the dark. There's no OIS and manual mode (or Hasselblad mod) to help either.

But back to battery. I can eke out 4.5-5 hrs of SOT in a day's use, but judging from this forum this Z Play seems to be able to double that and then some which is really impressive

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I'm curious about the Z Play camera too? I also own a T2 and while its camera is pretty good under good lighting, it falls apart in the dark. There's no OIS and manual mode (or Hasselblad mod) to help either.

But back to battery. I can eke out 4.5-5 hrs of SOT in a day's use, but judging from this forum this Z Play seems to be able to double that and then some which is really impressive

You are correct on all counts. Camera is meh, but gsam has me averaging over 13 hours SOT these first 2.5 weeks I've had the phone. Obviously I never get close to seeing if that's actually true since I charge while I sleep.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
You are correct on all counts. Camera is meh, but gsam has me averaging over 13 hours SOT these first 2.5 weeks I've had the phone. Obviously I never get close to seeing if that's actually true since I charge while I sleep.

Agreed, double digits off a full charge is no problem. Under good lighting conditions, the camera performance is respectable but will suffer in low light as the T2 did.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I hope Moto follows this forum. It's amazing that no manufacturer has combined a processor like this, a more than adequate display and a top notch camera for about $500. It would be my ideal phone and a big hit.

equalizer88

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Went to bed with 99% and 9 hours later same 99℅ , loool

My Friends Can throw away their Samsung S7 and iPhone 7's now, Kindergarden against this beast of a phone :)

I just got it a few days ago and put in Airplane mode, sleep mode, Wifi on and overnight uses 4%. Says Google services used most of it. Shouldn't the Google services go to sleep? Any setting to disable/sleep Google services?

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope Moto follows this forum. It's amazing that no manufacturer has combined a processor like this, a more than adequate display and a top notch camera for about $500. It would be my ideal phone and a big hit.

Sure would be nice but had Moto put at least the Force camera in the Play, no one would buy the Force much less the Z.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol