Moto Z Play Battery Life

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to feel a bit different about some of AC posts that exist on the homepage. One in particular that just bothered me a bit about "Best Android Phones for Long Battery Life". Seeing the graphic of the Samsung devices was no surprise because Samsung is really good at alot of things. They make great devices with cool features, nice cameras, etc. Being curious, I clicked on the link and saw the S7 Edge as the Overall Best device. It received the best overall, not solely on battery performance, but due to "camera quality, performance and speed".

I'm willing to bet that the Z Play would outlast the S7 edge by a landslide, without the battery mod. But since the Edge has a better camera, it wins overall.

Maybe someone can enlighten me on this, but there seems to be an awful lot of Samsung product on the main page. Is there a reason for this?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to feel a bit different about some of AC posts that exist on the homepage. One in particular that just bothered me a bit about "Best Android Phones for Long Battery Life". Seeing the graphic of the Samsung devices was no surprise because Samsung is really good at alot of things. They make great devices with cool features, nice cameras, etc. Being curious, I clicked on the link and saw the S7 Edge as the Overall Best device. It received the best overall, not solely on battery performance, but due to "camera quality, performance and speed".

I'm willing to bet that the Z Play would outlast the S7 edge by a landslide, without the battery mod. But since the Edge has a better camera, it wins overall.

Maybe someone can enlighten me on this, but there seems to be an awful lot of Samsung product on the main page. Is there a reason for this?
Probably because they sell more than all other android manufacturers combined in the US, several times over I'd bet.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The Moto z play definitely kills the s7 edge on battery life. Although it is only officially available on one carrier, or unlocked (later this month). And many people still buy from carriers, which is probably why the s7 edge was chosen. You can always ask Daniel why he chose it and he might be able to explain it to you.

DAVID ARGENTIERI

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_20161003-161014.jpg

The battery life on this phone is astounding. So glad I returned the Droid Z with it's pipsqueak battery for this one. I see no discernible drop in performance, the camera is adequate and it looks good. Finally a phone that I can unplug in the morning and have zero worries about making it through a day. I hope they sell a #$#$-ton of these so manufacturers get a clue and follow suit.

DAVID ARGENTIERI

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20160928_155741558.jpgIMG_20160928_155923458-EFFECTS.jpgIMG_20160929_092254112.jpgIMG_20160929_092437052.jpg

I'm ok with the camera. Indoors low-light takes a bit of a hit, but these are all just auto point-and-click, no playing with the settings. For me, a non-power user who snaps photos, uses navigation a lot, streams music a lot and uses Now a lot, this phone is damn near perfect.

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I feel that way even without the battery mod. My Z Play without the battery mod gets the same battery life as my Z Force (work phone) with the battery mod. Just incredible.

View attachment 241304

The battery life on this phone is astounding. So glad I returned the Droid Z with it's pipsqueak battery for this one. I see no discernible drop in performance, the camera is adequate and it looks good. Finally a phone that I can unplug in the morning and have zero worries about making it through a day. I hope they sell a #$#$-ton of these so manufacturers get a clue and follow suit.
Dude, the ****? With mod right?

DAVID ARGENTIERI

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hmm...good question! Fingers? I snapped 'em quickly and haven't had time to get comfortable with holding the phone while snapping. I'll experiment and see...

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
2nd full charge with heavier-than-normal usage for my standards plus some moderate gaming. Color me impressed, the SD625 rocks!

Attachments

• 5541.jpg
    5541.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 42

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
DAVID ARGENTIERI,

Why is there so much distortion on 2nd and 3rd pictures on the outside, left and right?

The picture of the porch and red door is using a custom frame effect that deliberately introduces an aged effect.

I don't see distortion on the picture of the daisies. The flowers on the left side of the shot are a bit blurry, which I attribute to it being a close-up shot of the flowers.

If you enlarge the photo of the outdoor furniture you can see some details. Notice the individual strands of mulch in the garden, for example, or the cross hatch pattern of the chair shadows on the ground. If it were possible to see this picture in its full size I bet the textured design on the lip of the flower pot would be distinct. Not too shabby for a 16MP camera. You wouldn't get this sort of detail with the 12MP camera in the N7 or the new Pixel phones.

Suhaillhaneef

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Hai. Guys. Need help in buying this phone. I am an active clash of clans player. How will be the battery life if I play it in 4g lte?. How many hours will this phone helps me to play. ? Any idea.. need atleast 10 hours of sot in a day. Will I get it.?.or should I get Samsung s7 edge?

Posted via Android Central App

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hai. Guys. Need help in buying this phone. I am an active clash of clans player. How will be the battery life if I play it in 4g lte?. How many hours will this phone helps me to play. ? Any idea.. need atleast 10 hours of sot in a day. Will I get it.?.or should I get Samsung s7 edge?

I don't know if the phone will get you 10 hours sot under that particular usage, but I do know that it will give you more usage than any other phone out there.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

S7 edge would get significantly worse battery life. It might be pushing it to get ten hours while gaming though on the Moto z play.

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Ugh.

Since yesterday 8 in the evening to now 4 hours and 1 full day later, almost approaching mid night and thus the second day, I have been trying to drain the battery. I have had and am now again a 10 hour youtube video playing to test screen on time. I have been using the phone heavily while walking for 2 hours on 4G, with music playing, apping all the time. Been taking pictures here and there, apping a lot in the evening.

I can't. It won't ******* die. I am at 24% and that's only because I have the 10h youtube vid playing again to test the screen on time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech