Does the Z Play have GLONASS

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
If triangles are Glonass it looks like it uses those too

Also this thing locks damn near instantly.

77ae6f0f1bb78661e64f25dcbe688e9c.jpg

Last edited:

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused as to why your first image shows the triangles not highlighted, but the second one does. Did you have to change a setting, or does it only sometimes connect to the GLONASS satellites?
I didn't change anything. Maybe it just grabs whatever is strongest. Just loaded it up again, 3 triangles and 8 circles locked in 3 seconds.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Weird, looks like the Z Play isn't advertised as having GLONASS but various people with GPS apps say that it does and Clocks says the phone locks instantly.

So, the verdict? Does this thing have GLONASS or not?

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Guys, I did some research. It says on Moto's website that the Z Play only has A-GPS, but that's the case for ALL of their phones too. Even this year's flagship the Z Force Droid and last year's flagship the Droid Turbo 2 are listed as having only A-GPS. I have a hard time believing that both of those phones lack GLONASS too.

This, combined with Clock's screenshots and experiences with the phone above, lead me to believe that the Z Play DOES have GLONASS, it just doesn't advertise it. In any case, my Droid Turbo 2's GPS locks quickly and works fine with GPS intensive apps like Pokemon Go and bike/run tracking apps like Strava, so I say you guys shouldn't worry about the Z Play's GPS performance.

This seals the deal for me. I'll be getting my Z Play today!

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The app "GPS Status & Toolbox" will indicate GLONASS vs GPS satellites. And the Z play definitely uses GLONASS, as it has the same support for pretty much all positioning satellite constellations that all modern Qualcomm chipsets share.*

from XDA Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20