Verizon Moto Z Play $208 from Verizon,or $60 if you are willing to do a bit of work.ymmv

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing if a friend will do this for me. If he's able to do it through adding a line, he can cancel the line and pay it off for 208 and not have any issues correct?

Edit: my buddy was able to get me one. $260 is still a lot better than $400 or $450 when the unlocked one comes out.

Keep in mind that this is the Verizon version.and while it is factory sim unlocked,it doesn't contain all the radios used in other carriers and certain features might not work.

The coupon has no restrictions Afaik . If you do the trade in promotion then you would need to keep service on the line for three months.

Also they do accept cracked phones...a cracked screen g4 will net you $300 trade in.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered one for my wife and traded in her LG G4 and got 300 bucks. I should really sell my Force and get in on this deal, but I don't want the hassle. I'd have to pay it off first, then order the Z Play, then sell the Force. Now we can share Moto mods also.

jazzfan80

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Just checking that no one who used this coupon has unlimited data
I have Unlimited data. The data plan was not showing up in my online cart and only my current existing 900 minutes and unlimited text was showing up, so I called to confirm and I ordered for in store pickup and can report that I still have my unlimited data.

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I have Unlimited data. The data plan was not showing up in my online cart and only my current existing 900 minutes and unlimited text was showing up, so I called to confirm and I ordered for in store pickup and can report that I still have my unlimited data.
Wish I could get it to work. My order was blocked due to a grandfathered feature (AKA unlimited data) and so I canceled my order to keep unlimited.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has said that unlimited data can do dpp once off contract...but this is Verizon so....

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could get it to work. My order was blocked due to a grandfathered feature (AKA unlimited data) and so I canceled my order to keep unlimited.

So $208 with coupon and DPP showed up but you couldn't process because you're on unlimited data?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So $208 with coupon and DPP showed up but you couldn't process because you're on unlimited data?

There's probably something else wrong with his account. But conveniently they are blaming udp. Because Verizon has explicitly said when they added the $20 increase that you can now do dpp.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Good to know. When I do the dpp it looks like it switches to the more everything plan- if I had access to wifi at work I wouldnt care, but I stream music and use a lot of data during the day.

honda1k

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
So I got the Z play last Monday. I'm still under my 14 day trial I saw this promo too late so I was going to upgrade under my son's account and the code work but after confirming everything with Verizon they said the only reason why I'm eligible for the code because it's buy one get half off on the second one and if I was to do the upgrade under my son and then turn my phone in I would have to pay the difference of the $200, But I thought in order to get there buy one get half off on the second you have to do it the same transaction when I put the promo code in it asks if I wanted to buy a second one and I said no and the code still worked. I'm confused?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So I got the Z play last Monday. I'm still under my 14 day trial I saw this promo too late so I was going to upgrade under my son's account and the code work but after confirming everything with Verizon they said the only reason why I'm eligible for the code because it's buy one get half off on the second one and if I was to do the upgrade under my son and then turn my phone in I would have to pay the difference of the $200, But I thought in order to get there buy one get half off on the second you have to do it the same transaction when I put the promo code in it asks if I wanted to buy a second one and I said no and the code still worked. I'm confused?

Right,I just selected no when it asked if I wanted a second one.

I wouldn't say anything and just return the one you have now. Then buy with the promotion

jazzfan80

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Good to know. When I do the dpp it looks like it switches to the more everything plan- if I had access to wifi at work I wouldnt care, but I stream music and use a lot of data during the day.

It did the same thing for me on Tuesday. Once you get to the chose data plan page try clicking on continue instead of explore new plan. The trick is to get to the end with your existing phone plan still there even if you don't see unlimited. My plan only showed my 900 minutes plan and no data so I called to confirm that I'd get to keep my data.

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
There's probably something else wrong with his account. But conveniently they are blaming udp. Because Verizon has explicitly said when they added the $20 increase that you can now do dpp.
There might be a difference in my account. Mine was setup by a corporate rep. Even though I have unlimited data, I do not have the additional $20 per month additional fee on my line. So that may be why mine doesn't qualify?

jazzfan80

May 29, 2015
Visit site
If you don't have the $20 fee, you could still be under contract. I believe once you go off contract you will get that $20 additional fee and be able to buy phones using the payment plan and keep your unlimited data.

critical_level2

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I went onto my Verizon account to try and use the code. It does not give my any options at all to enter the code. The strange part is it did give me the option to purchase the phone for $99 with a 2 year contract. I currently have an UDP on the line.

honda1k

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Just returned my phone. Brought another for $243 with a $35 restocking fee,But I'm happy hell of a phone great price. Only complaint is that I wish I saw this thread before I brought the first one. Thanks for the post.

honda1k

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
One more thing I complained to Verizon about being into my 14 day trial and not being able to price match the promo code so I had to pay the restocking fee but they waive the $20 upgrade fee.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that this is the Verizon version.and while it is factory sim unlocked,it doesn't contain all the radios used in other carriers and certain features might not work.

I'm not concerned. If it doesn't fully work I can just sell it on to someone else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma