Verizon Moto Z Play $208 from Verizon,or $60 if you are willing to do a bit of work.ymmv

equalizer88

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So I have 6GB loyalty plan and not due for upgrade. Will not let me select monthly payments only full price $408. I also have corporate discount 15% on a few items. "Unfortunately, this promo code can't be combined with the other promotions already on this order". It could be the corporate plan, which doesn't give discount for the hardware anyway.

Oh well, I bought one from Motorola directly for $408-5% plus free battery mod worth $59.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a UDP, chatted with a rep online to confirm keeping my UDP if I upgraded. At first she said it would be gone. Then, when I questioned her about the $20 fee and now being able to use the DPP to keep unlimited data, she said that if it showed up as unlimited at checkup, I could keep it. To find out if it did, I had to click on VIEW DATA & TEXT FEATURES (it doesn't look like it is a clickable link but it is) under the existing lines at checkout. This showed that it was still there. Of course I took screenshots of everything, including the chat conversation, just to be on the safe side, but as of right now, everything still looks good. Also, when you are going through the checkout process, at the data plan tab, if you click on view new plan, instead of continue, it will try to move you out of unlimited data.
Thanks for this post. By clicking on the data I was able to see that the unlimited data was there (and took a picture of it).

On my receipt it shows that it was a device payment plan and no contract was extended.

My second Moto Z play is going back I guess!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
You can't get it unless you are eligible for an upgrade.

Can I get the deal if I'm not currently eligibility for an upgrade but pay off my current device in full? I assume that would make me automatically eligible for an upgrade, but thought I'd check to make sure.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can I get the deal if I'm not currently eligibility for an upgrade but pay off my current device in full? I assume that would make me automatically eligible for an upgrade, but thought I'd check to make sure.

Yes you can order once you payoff your current device

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I know this offer is now over but I was wondering if I had taken advantage of it whether I'd have to pay an ETF (Early Termination Fee) in the event I dropped the line within 24 months? As I recall, I remember seeing some reference to a $350 ETF Fee when I was reviewing this offer but I wasn't sure whether it would apply to a customer who was already eligible for an upgrade.

I'm currently on a month-to-month with Verizon and like the idea that I'm not locked in.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No etf if bought on dpp. You would just have to pay the balance on the phone,which would be $208 for those who got in on the deal

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
i wish I saw this when it was available, i might have snatched it up

It will be interesting to see what deals Verizon offers for Black Friday.

I was about to pull the trigger and buy the Moto Z Play on the last day of the subject sale but I wasn't 100% sure about any ETF (Early Termination Fee) liability and I wanted to wait and see what the Google Pixel phones looked like.

Now that I know the pricing on the Pixel phones I've completely lost interest. If Verizon runs another deal like this one for Black Friday I'll definitely pull the trigger.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It will be interesting to see what deals Verizon offers for Black Friday.

I was about to pull the trigger and buy the Moto Z Play on the last day of the subject sale but I wasn't 100% sure about any ETF (Early Termination Fee) liability and I wanted to wait and see what the Google Pixel phones looked like.

Now that I know the pricing on the Pixel phones I've completely lost interest. If Verizon runs another deal like this one for Black Friday I'll definitely pull the trigger.

I hope this comes back for Black Friday!

captainm27

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Just for the heck of it, I chatted with a Jessica from the Verizon store and asked about the promotion. I asked "Is this still available?" And she said "Oh yeah, that should still be available or you, let me check." at which point I got really excited, only for her to return and say "Sorry, the deal has expired.", which of course, I knew, but you never know....