http://www.droid-life.com/2016/09/27...lease-date-q4/

According to a Motorola spokesperson, consumers can “expect to see Android N on the Moto Z family and Moto G4 beginning in Q4.”
    azdmelani and AllenRulz like this.
    09-27-2016 05:09 PM
    Well that's something we can have some confidence in, although 'starting in' leaves a lot of room for delays of some or most models.
    09-27-2016 05:38 PM
    Promising considering Lenovo's latest round of layoffs.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    09-27-2016 06:57 PM
    Promising considering Lenovo's latest round of layoffs.
    I can't wait for the update. Hopefully it's out right before I get the Moto Z Play Unlocked October 20th. Would make my day.
    09-27-2016 09:31 PM
    Wouldn't hold my breath on that though.
    09-27-2016 10:43 PM
    Wouldn't hold my breath on that though.
    Certainly not but at least there's hope.
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-29-2016 11:48 AM
    IMO, expect it for Christmas, feel even happier if it comes sooner...
    09-29-2016 12:35 PM
    15 Motorola phones will be updated to Android 7.0 Nougat - The Verge

Full list of the devices which will get it:

Moto G (4th Gen)
    Moto G Plus (4th Gen)
    Moto G Play (4th Gen)
    Moto X Pure Edition (3rd Gen)
    Moto X Style
    Moto X Play
    Moto X Force
    Droid Turbo 2
    Droid Maxx 2
    Moto Z
    Moto Z Droid
    Moto Z Force Droid
    Moto Z Play
    Moto Z Play Droid
    Nexus 6

As you can see, our beloved Z Play will get it.
    10-05-2016 06:24 AM
    nice maybe we get some stock android standard features back?

like sharing the phones screen on a TV / Monitor would be nice, hate using my old phones just for this

my old Blackberry Q5 / Z10 Down to my Nokia 830 , LG Flex 2 all can do this "

Connecting to my LG TV's " in a snap"
    10-05-2016 06:36 AM
    Ah, Lenovorola won't be updating the Moto G, 3rd. Gen. Good
    10-05-2016 06:38 AM
    they can use their saved time to overwork the manuals of their flagship Z devices

because they lie
    10-05-2016 06:45 AM
    Yeah, that's a little suspect.
    10-05-2016 06:52 AM
    Yeah, that's a little suspect.
    "Suspect?" How? Lenovorola essentially abandoned this device well before its time. First by their bait-and-switch tactic with Band 12, then by failing to update it. The fact they decided not to update it to Nougat was neither suspect nor surprising, to me. I would have been surprised if they'd announced they were going to update it.

And, as I wrote: This is probably a good thing. The phone works pretty well, as it is. Given Lenovorola's history with the Moto series: I would've expected them to screw it up royally, then tell customers "Sorry about your luck."
    10-05-2016 07:04 AM
    "Suspect?" How? Lenovorola essentially abandoned this device well before its time. First by their bait-and-switch tactic with Band 12, then by failing to update it. The fact they decided not to update it to Nougat was neither suspect nor surprising, to me. I would have been surprised if they'd announced they were going to update it.

And, as I wrote: This is probably a good thing. The phone works pretty well, as it is. Given Lenovorola's history with the Moto series: I would've expected them to screw it up royally, then tell customers "Sorry about your luck."
    Ok. Relax.
    Ry likes this.
    10-05-2016 07:06 AM
    Ok. Relax.
    Relax? Oh, I'm relaxed. You're the one who wrote "brace yourselves." And probably rightly so: It's the victims getting the forced updates that should probably be nervous. (I know I would have been.)
    10-05-2016 07:19 AM
    I waited to see the Pixel announcement yesterday before pulling the trigger on the Moto Z Play. My single biggest concern about the Z is updates. I figured I would get 7.0 by the end of the year (hopefully), but realistically, that's all I'm planning on getting from Moto/Lenovo. I don't want to get my hopes up!
    10-05-2016 07:42 AM
    I waited to see the Pixel announcement yesterday before pulling the trigger on the Moto Z Play. My single biggest concern about the Z is updates. I figured I would get 7.0 by the end of the year (hopefully), but realistically, that's all I'm planning on getting from Moto/Lenovo. I don't want to get my hopes up!
    People like to rag on Lenovorola's and the Droid line's update schedules, but the reality is that while it's not good, it's not horrible either. In the 11 months I owned the Turbo 2, I've gotten 4 software updates, which isn't worse than most non-Nexus phones before security updates became the trend. Plus, it got Marshmallow before many S6's and G4's did.

I have hope that Lenovo will have more motivation to support the devices that it created for Motorola (G4 series, Z series) better than the devices it inherited from Motorola (E series, G3 series, X series) though. If they can get us Nougat before the end of the year, I'll be happy.
    Go Liath likes this.
    10-05-2016 09:06 AM
    Time will tell if the update issues might be somewhat limited to / related to the Google-Lenovo transition time. Perhaps there were things about the devices in that time that Lenovo didn't want to deal with, but they may do better with updates on devices developed under their umbrella. Or they might continue to suck. So far they're doing well with Z updates, and I'm perfectly happy with a Q4 Nougat update (especially if it ends up being 7.1 w/Assistant integration). We'll see what happens with the Zs once they're no longer the latest device from Lenovo/Moto.
    10-05-2016 02:38 PM
    question regarding updates:

there is a single sim version (UK,DE) sold via Amazon and a dual nano sim sold directly from moto

does this matter if moto pushing OS Updates , I mean , could there be a disadvantage when bought "Amazon version"
    10-05-2016 04:37 PM
    question regarding updates:

there is a single sim version (UK,DE) sold via Amazon and a dual nano sim sold directly from moto

does this matter if moto pushing OS Updates , I mean , could there be a disadvantage when bought "Amazon version"
    I would expect they'll probably push updates for all Z Play units the same, whether single or dual sim. The Play Droid might get updates on a different timeframe, but I wouldn't expect much if any difference due to the sim count.
    10-06-2016 01:47 PM
    I preordered my Z Play so I'm hoping the Nougat update happens sooner rather than later. Would make my day.
    10-13-2016 06:26 AM