Wireless chargers

Eric Xu1

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have the PowerPack with wireless charging. What wireless chargers do you recommend that work good, and charge fast? I was thinking about the Tylt Vu charger, but some say that it doesn't work well. Some users say I need an "adjustable coil wireless charger". Will a 3-coil work fine? (fyi the Tylt Vu is a 3-coil). Can you link what wireless charger you use that works? Thanks.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't recommend any wireless chargers.

wouldn't mess around with the battery since it's none-removeble.

Not looked it up but wireless charging can't be good for the battery. Go with the original one, every couple days a full charge shouldn't be a big deal.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Not looked it up but wireless charging can't be good for the battery. Go with the original one, every couple days a full charge shouldn't be a big deal.

Wireless charging is slower than standard charging, which should actually be good for the battery.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

The only way to get wireless charging right now is with the battery mod. It has an efficiency mode that keeps the phone battery at 80%. This will actually make the main battery last longer in the long run.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
The only way to get wireless charging right now is with the battery mod. It has an efficiency mode that keeps the phone battery at 80%. This will actually make the main battery last longer in the long run.

What makes you say that? I thought the number of charges to 100% is what determines how long the battery will last, not it you're charging it from 80% or 40%, etc.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
What makes you say that? I thought the number of charges to 100% is what determines how long the battery will last, not it you're charging it from 80% or 40%, etc.

It's harder on the battery when the cell is either discharged or charged at 100%.

"A laptop battery could be prolonged by lowering the charge voltage when connected to the AC grid. To make this feature user-friendly, a device should feature a “Long Life” mode that keeps the battery at 4.05V/cell and offers a capacity of about 80 percent. One hour before traveling, the user requests the “Full Capacity” mode to bring the charge to 4.20V/cell."

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

In general, smartphone batteries are good for a number of charges, however, partial charges count against that partially. If you drain the battery to 50% and then charge it 3 times, that's 1.5 charges, not 3.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I use the Tylt Vu. I originally used it on my Sony Z3v, but have also used it on a Lumia 830, my work Blackberry Z30, and now on my Moto Z Play's Incipio OffGRID battery pack and its always worked for me. I mean, its slow to charge when compared to Turbochargers, but I use it mainly at work to top off my phones when I need to. (As a note: Very rarely do I need to use it on the Moto Z Play's battery pack).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz