no type-C cable. annoying!

spwexler

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Well, when I search for turbo chargers on Amazon what comes up is Qualcomm quick charging adapters and chargers. If you have a link to a product usb type c cable and the associated car or home turbo charger, I'd appreciate it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Like already said, it uses TURBO CHARGE not quick charge.

TurboPower Charging is just a Motorola marketing name.

In micro USB Motorola phones that support TurboPower Charging, like the Moto X, it's just Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0. Any Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 (or higher) will "Turbo Charge" those devices.

In USB Type-C Motorola phones that support TurboPower Charging, like the Moto Z, it's likely USB-PD (USB Power Delivery Rev 2 - I think). Any charger that outputs a minimum of 5V at 3A will "Turbo Charge" those devices.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Well, when I search for turbo chargers on Amazon what comes up is Qualcomm quick charging adapters and chargers. If you have a link to a product usb type c cable and the associated car or home turbo charger, I'd appreciate it.

It uses the same kind of charger as last year's nexuses, a C-C charger that outputs 5V/3A. It isn't any kind of Qualcomm quick charging standard, and I don't think there's a name for it yet.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It uses the same kind of charger as last year's nexuses, a C-C charger that outputs 5V/3A. It isn't any kind of Qualcomm quick charging standard, and I don't think there's a name for it yet.

There are some differences in the USB-C port on the phones though. The Nexuses (Nexii?) were using a USB2 Type-C connector. If you sort through some of the type c accessories on Amazon, you can see that some work on the Nexii, but not the Zs, and vice versa. Chargers are probably all cross compatible, though.

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
There are some differences in the USB-C port on the phones though. The Nexuses (Nexii?) were using a USB2 Type-C connector. If you sort through some of the type c accessories on Amazon, you can see that some work on the Nexii, but not the Zs, and vice versa. Chargers are probably all cross compatible, though.

Isn't the Z's port USB2 type C too?