Do you guys know if I'm on Cricket, would it matter if I get the Verizon version rather than the unlocked? I ask since Verizon phones are unlocked out of the box, and it's cheaper than the unlocked version. I don't really care too much for updates, and I know the Verizon version has bloatware, but would it really be that much of a difference? Thanks for any input!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-17-2016 08:06 PM
    You'll probably need to go with the unlocked version. Cricket uses AT&T's towers, and the unlocked version has all of their bands for better compatibility. Sure, you could use the Verizon version, but your LTE coverage and download speeds won't be as good since it's missing a couple of AT&T bands.
    10-17-2016 09:12 PM
    You'll probably need to go with the unlocked version. Cricket uses AT&T's towers, and the unlocked version has all of their bands for better compatibility. Sure, you could use the Verizon version, but your LTE coverage and download speeds won't be as good since it's missing a couple of AT&T bands.
    Yeah that's what I kinda figured, since I have used a Verizon phone before with Cricket since I'm aware that they run off AT&T towers, and noticed a bit of improvement when I got an AT&T Note 5. Speeds I'm not too worried about since Cricket limits their speed, but if I ever want to switch carriers or sell it then that could factor in. I guess performance would be either equal or slightly better for the unlocked version due to less bloat.

10-17-2016 09:26 PM
    Do you guys know if I'm on Cricket, would it matter if I get the Verizon version rather than the unlocked? I ask since Verizon phones are unlocked out of the box, and it's cheaper than the unlocked version. I don't really care too much for updates, and I know the Verizon version has bloatware, but would it really be that much of a difference? Thanks for any input!

I'd only get he Verizon version if I was going to use it on Verizon.
    benjamminh likes this.
    10-17-2016 11:44 PM
    @mexico619

At one time, all of the higher end phones that moto made for Verizon were compatible with CDMA, but were carrier unlocked and supported full GSM bands.

I'm on AT&T, but was considering getting a Verizon moto x force and using it primarily on AT&T, but i still wanted to be able to pop in a Verizon sim. What stopped me from doing so, was Verizon requiring a monthly contract vs simply selling me a prepaid sim card.

That was about a year ago or so when moto was part of Google. Now, i have no idea. I would stay with the unlocked AT&T phone.
    10-18-2016 07:17 PM