New Moto Z Play Owner Questions!

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm absolutely loving this phone. I have a couple questions.

1. I noticed the screen turns on when your hand goes near it without even touching it and shows the lock screen. Is there an option for this to turn off? Just don't want it going on every so often in my pocket and such.

2. Isn't the circle time/weather widget on home screen supposed to show battery level around it? I remember seeing pictures and such of this but mine doesn't have it. Also more stats on the battery screen like how much time it has left so to speak.

All I can think of as of right now. I appreciate any help.

DAVID ARGENTIERI

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Like this?
65170666c5e7ca1c13664f8711f3bb91.jpg

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
1. that is called "active display" i think. not sure how to turn it off, but if you do a search online "disable active display" that will tell you. i think you have to disable each individual app that you don't want to light up the screen.

2. that is the old widget the one you are talking about. i actually had that on my droid turbo before and prefer that one much better than the one that comes with the z play.

overall, the z play is a great phone.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah those are super nice. I'm so loving the battery life so far. Holy moly.

Another question, I know Verizon has most of the cases and screen protectors. Does in store people put on screen protectors if you buy it there or is it just best buy?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah those are super nice. I'm so loving the battery life so far. Holy moly.

Another question, I know Verizon has most of the cases and screen protectors. Does in store people put on screen protectors if you buy it there or is it just best buy?

Verizon store employees can also put the screen protector on for you.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm absolutely loving this phone. I have a couple questions.

1. I noticed the screen turns on when your hand goes near it without even touching it and shows the lock screen. Is there an option for this to turn off? Just don't want it going on every so often in my pocket and such.

2. Isn't the circle time/weather widget on home screen supposed to show battery level around it? I remember seeing pictures and such of this but mine doesn't have it. Also more stats on the battery screen like how much time it has left so to speak.

All I can think of as of right now. I appreciate any help.

Open the Moto app and you can disable the active display. It won't turn on in your pocket so I think you should leave it on, active display is awesome.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon store employees can also put the screen protector on for you.
Awesome. I will get my screen protector from a Verizon store so they can also put it on. I want the shatter proof one.

So for the widget I was wondering about, those are just from older Moto's then?

captainm27

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Allen what phone did you have prior? And do you notice the notification sounds (sms texts, emails, facebook alerts) are super quiet? There's a huge thread over on the lenovo forums about this issue. I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S5 and plan on getting this phone, but with the S5, I can definitely hear all my notifications at full volume. What's your experience like with notification sounds?

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Allen what phone did you have prior? And do you notice the notification sounds (sms texts, emails, facebook alerts) are super quiet? There's a huge thread over on the lenovo forums about this issue. I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S5 and plan on getting this phone, but with the S5, I can definitely hear all my notifications at full volume. What's your experience like with notification sounds?
I had a Nexus 5. Was definitely time to upgrade lol. I absolutely love this phone. As for the sounds, I only noticed some notification sounds kind of low. But you know I had that issue on my Nexus 5 and you know what? It's actually part of the August Android security update. Google fixed it in the October update. So since the Moto play has the August update, I assume it's the same issue. I'm hoping once we all get Android 7 soon, we will get the October security update and it will be fixed.

captainm27

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I'm really interested in this phone, but that one ability to hear notifications was really was has been holding me up from making the final purchase. I'm hoping the Android 7 update fixes the issue. I'll wait to see after that update if that is the resolution.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'm really interested in this phone, but that one ability to hear notifications was really was has been holding me up from making the final purchase. I'm hoping the Android 7 update fixes the issue. I'll wait to see after that update if that is the resolution.
I hear ya. I'm absolutely loving this phone. About to hit day 3 without charging it.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

I'm not having any notification volume problems at all...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois