Charging makes phone really hot...

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Is it normal for the phone to be really hot when turbo charging? Using the charger that came with the phone. It's mostly the sides. I also have the style shell on that came with it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, that's not normal - but it depends on what you mean by "really hot". Hot enough to notice or hot enough to raise blisters on your hand if you touch it? The first is normal, the second isn't.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
No, that's not normal - but it depends on what you mean by "really hot". Hot enough to notice or hot enough to raise blisters on your hand if you touch it? The first is normal, the second isn't.
Lmao yeah the first. No blistering hot but just didn't know if this phone charged super cool or warm/hot. Thanks dude.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Install gsam battery monitor to get an actual number if you're interested, but the early part of fast charging when the battery charges quickly there is a higher temperature.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. I just wanted to be safe than sorry. I'm absolutely loving this phone. Today is my off day so I heavily used it but going into tonight, I would have reached 3 days before I had to charge the phone.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It is normal I had 3 other phones that have turbo/fast charge if it phone is below 50 it'll charge fast and heat up hot but it shouldn't be like hot where u can't touch it. After it reaches 70 battery it should cool down as the charge rate slows down

svknet

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
It is normal I had 3 other phones that have turbo/fast charge if it phone is below 50 it'll charge fast and heat up hot but it shouldn't be like hot where u can't touch it. After it reaches 70 battery it should cool down as the charge rate slows down
So does it mean that its better to charge phone while battery % is around 50-52% to avoid phone getting hot?
I usually charge when phone battery is 30% which happens after 2 days of usage.