Question about the magnets

captainm27

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a question about the magnets. Are the magnets on the phone itself, or are they on the Mods?

With my current phone, I bought this product that attached to the vent clip of my car and has 4 strong magnets in it. I then placed the thin metal backing on the back of my phone, and my phone stays in place using magnetic force.

https://www.amazon.com/WizGear-Universal-Swift-Snap-Technology-Smartphones/dp/B00PGJWYJ0/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1477360122&sr=1-1&keywords=wizgear

Would I be able to use this product without getting a metal back plate on the Moto Z Play?

jbhenry

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they are in the Mod. Here is my included style shell stuck to the metal cabinet over my desk:
IMG_20161025_102022195.jpg
My phone does not stick, so no magnets there.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yup, the magnets are in the mods, the phones have metal backs. Even the Play, with its (glass? not metal) back has metal underneath for the mods. Magnetic phone holders work well.

*edit* on a fun side note, the Incipio style shells have really strong magnets in them, such that you can stick your phone to most metal surfaces (fridge, stove, file cabinet...)

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So I have actually found that my Z Play will stick to my magnetic car dock without the need to attach a metal plate to the Z play. I simply take off my moto mod back and dock the phone onto my logitech car dock. It needs to be in just the right spot but it is pretty neat!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So I have actually found that my Z Play will stick to my magnetic car dock without the need to attach a metal plate to the Z play. I simply take off my moto mod back and dock the phone onto my logitech car dock. It needs to be in just the right spot but it is pretty neat!

yeah, the whole back is metal so the mods will stick, so magnetic holders stick too. Generally there's no need to remove the style shell either.