Upgrade from turbo 2?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone got this phone after owning the turbo 2. I'm interested in the lower cost right now and the higher battery life. My gf has the z force and she is killing me in battery life. If this is thst much better than the force I want that battery life. I don't do much but internet and YouTube but I'm worried about the screen and the camera... Is it an even trade when it really comes down to it or would it feel like a downgrade?

I'm battery greedy and if I can get hours more use over my turbo 2 and then add a battery mod I will be extremely happy.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone got this phone after owning the turbo 2. I'm interested in the lower cost right now and the higher battery life. My gf has the z force and she is killing me in battery life. If this is thst much better than the force I want that battery life. I don't do much but internet and YouTube but I'm worried about the screen and the camera... Is it an even trade when it really comes down to it or would it feel like a downgrade?

I'm battery greedy and if I can get hours more use over my turbo 2 and then add a battery mod I will be extremely happy.

The Z Force has slightly better battery life than the Turbo 2. The Z Play blows everything else out of the water. You lose a little bit in terms of camera on the Z Play relative to the Force, but so long as you are not shooting in low light, you won't be able to tell much of a difference. I actually like the screen on the Play better than the Turbo 2 and Force because it's glass rather than the shattershield, which to me feels plastic and scratches easily.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

I upgraded to the Z Play from the Turbo 2 and I have no regrets. I'd say the screen is better overall than the T2's. It gets a lot brighter, doesn't wash out dark areas of the picture like the T2's screen, and unless you do a lot of VR or use the phone 2 inches from your face the downgraded resolution isn't noticeable at all. As for the camera, people say it's midpack, but that's by 2016 standards. I think it's better than the T2's camera. Although photos don't come out as sharp on the Z Play (due to 16mp vs 21mp) dynamic range is way better and color reproduction is just as good. However, it pulls away in low light. While the Z Play doesn't match the S7 in terms of low light photos as they can have a fair bit of grain, they are way sharper and more bright than the T2's miserable low light photos. Additionally, you now have a manual mode, so if you're willing to do a bit of work and tweak those and the exposure settings you can tease some really nice low light shots out of the Z Play's camera.

The epic battery life needs no introduction, it handily destroys the T2 even with a smaller battery (thanks Snapdragon 810). 8-10 hours SOT over 1.5-2 days is the norm for me. Even under my heaviest use, I was only able to run the battery down to 60% in one day.

I'm so glad I ditched my T2 for this phone. If you have any more questions about the transition from the T2 to the Z Play, let me know!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My t2 had a screen issue when I first got it with the green line. It needed to be replaced. My gf z force flickered and died out and is being replaced. I'm not to keen on the shattershield. I've had this one for a year now with no problems but the scratches. They usually weren't visible with the screen in but there is one deep one now that is. Which gorilla glass does it have?

Is there really a problem with the wifi/wifi calling?

My phone get a super hot when I use it a lot. Is this z play really colder?

What did you guys average sot with the turbo 2? I'm usually around 1:45-2:10 sot at 50%. Sometimes I have to clear the cache cause it goes below that

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't have problems with WiFi calling. And my Z Play runs ridiculously cool, it rarely goes over 100 degrees Fahrenheit even when playing moderately intensive games. It only really ever warms up when fast charging.

I got around 3.5-5.5 hours SOT over one day on my T2.

twojosh

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded from turbo 2 and love this phone. Much faster, better camera, and battery like you've never seen. Yesterday I got 50 hours with 9 hours screen, 4 hours Bluetooth calling all with WiFi and GPS always on and still had 14% battery left.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That's really impressive and what I'm looking for. And then with a battery mod would be insane. I think I'm going to go to the store Saturday and do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie