Black Friday deals

patstar5

May 15, 2012
Visit site
They are giving you $250 off if you buy it with a $300 moto mod. I tried using my 15% education discount and the offers don't stack.... It's the taxes that are a bummer. I wonder if b&h photo will have this on sale, they don't charge taxes.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
They are giving you $250 off if you buy it with a $300 moto mod. I tried using my 15% education discount and the offers don't stack.... It's the taxes that are a bummer. I wonder if b&h photo will have this on sale, they don't charge taxes.
You don't write all your online purchases in on your taxes at the end of the year! Shame!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I definitely see your point, OP. Hopefully some good deals come out soon! Plus, if Black Friday doesn't have what you're looking for, Christmas deals are just around the corner! :)

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Verizon will be offering $200 off of the Play for new accounts and $100 off for existing accounts - not quite the deal I was hoping for.

Ironically, Verizon is offering a great deal on the Pixel phones - I initially lost interest in the Pixel phones based on their high price but now I may have to study that decision again.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It looks like Verizon will be offering $200 off of the Play for new accounts and $100 off for existing accounts - not quite the deal I was hoping for.

Ironically, Verizon is offering a great deal on the Pixel phones - I initially lost interest in the Pixel phones based on their high price but now I may have to study that decision again.

Are these as bill credits or discounts on the full price?

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Are these as bill credits or discounts on the full price?

My source was Droid Life but it looks like they have edited their story and dropped any reference to Verizon's non-Pixel deals.

Based on the original story it appeared the deal on the Moto Z Play was a one-time discount and the deal on the Pixel was a 24 Month Billing Credit.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My source was Droid Life but it looks like they have edited their story and dropped any reference to Verizon's non-Pixel deals.

Based on the original story it appeared the deal on the Moto Z Play was a one-time discount and the deal on the Pixel was a 24 Month Billing Credit.

Doing a quick search, it looks like a lot of places were asked to remove Verizon ad leaks.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

I just looked at the Verizon website and it looks like the Moto Z Play is FREE is you activate a new line and keep it active for 24 months and screw around with Verizon's bill credit B.S. The offer excludes "Upgrades" so I'm guessing that customers who are already with Verizon miss out unless they want to start a new line.

Verizon's deal on the Pixel also isn't as attractive to me as I first hoped - the deeply discounted Pixel is the small phone, not the larger XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781