Between Verizon and best buy I can get either for $240 ($10/mo). I like the play's 2 day battery and the Z's performance.

So the deal breaker for me is indoor camera performance. Which seems to take better shots?
    11-20-2016 03:19 PM
    I would think with OIS and f 1.8 aperture the Moto Z would be better. I have the Z Play coming from the S7. There is drop off when it comes to picture quality but not much. Battery life however is life changing. It's phenomenal.
    11-20-2016 03:30 PM
    The Moto Z has the same sensor as the Oneplus One (which is pretty old). I'd recommend checking out this review. It's for the Hasselblad mod but also includes the Moto Z, Z Force, and Z Play stock cameras

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10625/...era-shootout/3

Tldr, the Force and the Z Play were better than the Z.
    Ry, benjamminh and pkguy323 like this.
    11-20-2016 06:06 PM
    Awesome. That is exactly what I was looking for. The Z Play looks like an ideal upgrade for my wife's S5.

I am surprised the z play bested the Z almost across the board.
    11-20-2016 07:13 PM
    You moved from an s7 to a moto z play? How is it? I have an s7 edge and the battery life alone is making me want to get this phone. I hate touchwiz and usually only get 3-4 hrs SOT on my s7 edge. I love the camera and 2k screen though so the camera downgrade is the biggest turnoff. I've played with Motorola phones in the past and I love the little gestures they add to android. Looks like the z and z force are getting Nougat, z play should soon. Meanwhile I'll be waiting a few more months for my att s7 edge to get it....
    11-20-2016 10:36 PM
    Awesome. That is exactly what I was looking for. The Z Play looks like an ideal upgrade for my wife's S5.

I am surprised the z play bested the Z almost across the board.
    Z Play is underrated.
    benjamminh and pkguy323 like this.
    11-20-2016 11:03 PM
    You moved from an s7 to a moto z play? How is it? I have an s7 edge and the battery life alone is making me want to get this phone. I hate touchwiz and usually only get 3-4 hrs SOT on my s7 edge. I love the camera and 2k screen though so the camera downgrade is the biggest turnoff. I've played with Motorola phones in the past and I love the little gestures they add to android. Looks like the z and z force are getting Nougat, z play should soon. Meanwhile I'll be waiting a few more months for my att s7 edge to get it....
    The Z Play is smoother than the s7. I like the screen too, it's still AMOLED. I did adjust the DPI to 400 because default was too big. I get minimum 9 hours screen on. My Max was 12. Plus there's the Incipio battery mod so that's 4 more hours screen on if I ever needed it. I use the mod a lot because it enables wireless charging.

The one thing I missed was Samsung pay. I loved using it. Especially all the free stuff with it. Android pay is not the same.

Also the cases are limited. So I rock it naked most of the time.
    pkguy323 likes this.
    11-21-2016 12:02 AM
    I came from the s7e aswell, i love th3 z play perfer it over s7e because of battery life and the mods is cool feature, also i love stock android. One thing i miss is the s7e camera it was beautiful.
    11-21-2016 03:55 AM
    Z Play is underrated.
    If neither the size nor the camera is a deal breaker, then I personally believe it is the best value out there today, period.
    benjamminh and pkguy323 like this.
    11-21-2016 08:31 AM
    I came from S7 to Moto Z Play. Miss the SamsungPay and the great camera, but when I can go 3 days on battery +battery mod, and speak to it without touching it.... Nothing is better. I did get A Better Camera app which takes better pics than the stock app. Mophie is releasing a 3000mh Moto mod. That's my next purchase.
    11-21-2016 11:31 AM
    I came from S7 to Moto Z Play. Miss the SamsungPay and the great camera, but when I can go 3 days on battery +battery mod, and speak to it without touching it.... Nothing is better. I did get A Better Camera app which takes better pics than the stock app. Mophie is releasing a 3000mh Moto mod. That's my next purchase.
    I'm probably going to stick with my s7 edge. It'll be interest to see how next year Z series turn out. My mom's Oneplus One has been having problems so I was thinking of getting this or the Oneplus 3t for her.
    11-21-2016 02:11 PM
    There's a thread about 3rd party camera apps which seem to help improve the camera over the stock app.

I'm using Better Camera, and the difference over the stock app is pretty incredible on low light pictures.
    11-21-2016 03:15 PM
    Good to know. If I install that before my wife notices she'll never know the difference.
    11-22-2016 12:40 AM