This phone is a game changer!

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I buy phones all the time and this phone is a game changer in my book. The reason is simple - the amazing battery life. I can easily go 2 days without charging and could probably go 3 at times. I am not even interested in other phones now like the Pixel, V20, etc. until they have battery life like this one. It also has great reception and is surprisingly fast. Great job Motorola with the Play!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I buy phones all the time and this phone is a game changer in my book. The reason is simple - the amazing battery life. I can easily go 2 days without charging and could probably go 3 at times. I am not even interested in other phones now like the Pixel, V20, etc. until they have battery life like this one. It also has great reception and is surprisingly fast. Great job Motorola with the Play!

Agreed with all of this. Battery life like this is a game changer. I literally never even think about what I'm doing on the phone because I know with absolute certainty that I'll make it to the end of the day no matter what.

Also, the camera is surprisingly pretty good for a mid range phone, especially in good light conditions.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
low light conditions the phone is terrible though.

but overall because of the battery, it's a great bargain of a phone.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Size is the issue for me. I bought a 2014 Moto X after waiting too long to return my 2015 Moto X Pure because it was just a bit taller than I like and heavy, especially top heavy. It always felt like it wanted to flip forward out of my hand.

I know the Z Play is thinner and lighter so I guess I could order one and try it out and make sure I pay attention to the return period if I think it is too big.

5.5" is the sweet spot screen size for me so I am afraid that a new Moto X will come out with that size screen but smaller body since it won't have the mods but I can't find anything definitive about a 4th Gen Moto X.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge