03-06-2017 06:02 PM
116 1234 ...
tools
    Is it?

Did the international unlocked Moto Z get Nougat before the Moto Z Droid?
    As far as I'm aware, yes. Same as international unlocked G4 variants are currently getting it 1st
    12-20-2016 01:59 PM
    As far as I'm aware, yes. Same as international unlocked G4 variants are currently getting it 1st
    The Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid got their Nougat updates in November (around November 21st).

The US unlocked GSM Moto Z still doesn't have the Nougat update. Canadian Moto Zs just started their rollout.

Looks like the Moto G4 recently got the Nougat updates in India (week of December 13th).

I don't think the US unlocked all-carrier G4s have it yet.

Just because it's an unlocked or international/non-US model doesn't guarantee that it will get updates first. It's what the OEM decides to work on.
    12-20-2016 02:15 PM
    The Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid got their Nougat updates in November (around November 21st).

The US unlocked GSM Moto Z still doesn't have the Nougat update. Canadian Moto Zs just started their rollout.

Looks like the Moto G4 recently got the Nougat updates in India (week of December 13th).

I don't think the US unlocked all-carrier G4s have it yet.

Just because it's an unlocked or international/non-US model doesn't guarantee that it will get updates first. It's what the OEM decides to work on.
    I have the Moto Z Droid from Verizon and it's not on Nougat. It says the system is up to date..
    12-21-2016 12:18 PM
    I have the Moto Z Droid from Verizon and it's not on Nougat. It says the system is up to date..
    The Z Droid, not the Z Play, right?

It's out for the Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=iyeDAmiE
    12-21-2016 12:51 PM
    I updated the display unit of the Z Droid at Best Buy two nights ago, so I know its available. Perhaps its rolling out in stages as usual.
    12-21-2016 03:04 PM
    Also - I'd expect the Moto Z Play Droid to be ahead of the US unlocked GSM Moto Z Play and other international variants of the Play.
    Tell that to all the original Droid Turbo 1 owners who just got Marshmallow in the beginning of December, while the Moto Maxx (international version) got it nearly 6 months prior. the Retail market/unlocked Moto Z models are simply in a different update path versus carrier-bound and RFP'ed models. Verizon is neck-deep in evaluating and deploying the OS updates in-tandem with Motorola/Lenovo software engineers, regardless of what the retail unlocked version is doing.

If you ask me, it seems Motorola directs its resources at what brings them the most revenue after Google announces or releases an updated Android version. This shouldn't surprise anyone though.
    12-21-2016 03:26 PM
    Tell that to all the original Droid Turbo 1 owners who just got Marshmallow in the beginning of December, while the Moto Maxx (international version) got it nearly 6 months prior. the Retail market/unlocked Moto Z models are simply in a different update path versus carrier-bound and RFP'ed models. Verizon is neck-deep in evaluating and deploying the OS updates in-tandem with Motorola/Lenovo software engineers, regardless of what the retail unlocked version is doing.

If you ask me, it seems Motorola directs its resources at what brings them the most revenue after Google announces or releases an updated Android version. This shouldn't surprise anyone though.
    Gladly.

Moto Xs of that generation we're already ahead on the list when it came out. Verizon didn't push for them to get updated. The following year, that year's Moto X and the DROID TURBO 2 added to the list in terms of priority and again Verizon didn't push for them to get updates.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Verizon Moto Zs got updated before unlocked Moto Zs.
    On2Vegas likes this.
    12-21-2016 10:12 PM
    When in the hell are we getting the Nougat update for our unlocked Moto Z Play phones?
    12-27-2016 03:27 AM
    When in the hell are we getting the Nougat update for our unlocked Moto Z Play phones?
    No idea, regretting moving away from Necus/Pixel now. Well until I saw all the hardware bootloops they're suffering.
    12-27-2016 04:37 AM
    No idea, regretting moving away from Necus/Pixel now. Well until I saw all the hardware bootloops they're suffering.
    It's all the LG lol. I don't regret it at all. I f'n love my 4 days lasting battery life and just all around quick phone. I know this isn't going to update like the Pixel line but I know Motorola said we would get the update first usually before any other brands and I haven't seen anything yet.
    12-27-2016 07:11 AM
    4 days left or once again Lenovo disappointes. I am hoping they are holding out for 7.1.1.
    12-27-2016 07:12 PM
    The Z Force came out in late-July. The Z Play was released around September 7 - approximately 6 weeks later. My Z Force got Nougat on November 22. If the Play gets it 6 weeks later, that would be sometime in early-January. Not saying I know anything, just a theory on when we can expect the update assuming no hiccups.
    12-28-2016 08:17 AM
    Everyone wanting 7.0. Just curious is most of you are on limited data plans or unlimited?

I have the Force and Play. Mainly use the Force but activate the Play for a few things here and there. My wife hated the play so she took an old phone I had sitting around.

Thoughts?
    12-28-2016 10:19 AM
    Read something yesterday that Moto devices which do not get 7.0 by end of December will go straight to the 7.1.1 update instead.

Those already on 7.0 will then have to wait for the 7.1.1 update to come around.

So perhaps it's a blessing in disguise if we do not get 7.0
    AllenRulz likes this.
    12-28-2016 11:55 AM
    I'm of the opinion that updates are delayed because Motorola is going to address the low notification issue some people are having with all Moto Zs.
    pkguy323 likes this.
    12-28-2016 02:03 PM
    4 days left or once again Lenovo disappointes. I am hoping they are holding out for 7.1.1.
    How so?

They only said that rollout for Moto Zs and fourth gen Moto Gs will begin in Q4 2016. They've already met that with the Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid rollout and the fourth gen Moto G rollout in India.
    12-28-2016 02:05 PM
    The potential lack of updates (or even dropped support) for this phone was the biggest concern I had prior to purchase. At least one update (preferably to 7.1.1) is all I'm counting on.
    svknet likes this.
    12-28-2016 06:03 PM
    The potential lack of updates (or even dropped support) for this phone was the biggest concern I had prior to purchase. At least one update (preferably to 7.1.1) is all I'm counting on.
    You will 100% get Nougat at some point. Hopefully we even get O as well, but that would just be gravy. I'll settle for Nougat for the time being.
    svknet likes this.
    12-28-2016 06:43 PM
    How so?

They only said that rollout for Moto Zs and fourth gen Moto Gs will begin in Q4 2016. They've already met that with the Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid rollout and the fourth gen Moto G rollout in India.
    Yes, but still not for unlocked Z's and Droid Z play. I guess its how you interpret what they said.
    How so?

I guess its how you interpret what they mean by "starting in Q4."
    12-28-2016 06:48 PM
    Yes, but still not for unlocked Z's and Droid Z play. I guess its how you interpret what they said.

I guess its how you interpret what they mean by "starting in Q4."
    They never said rollout will be complete by Q4 2016.
    On2Vegas likes this.
    12-28-2016 06:59 PM
    Looks like an update will be released tomorrow for the Moto Z Play Droid, but unfortunately it just looks to be a security update unless they haven't updated the information yet, just the date.
    12-28-2016 09:48 PM
    Android M not even fixed , millions of devices have bugs and people want Android N.

If you want fast updates , being a beta tester so to speak, you have to spend MORE money for your device. ( google pixel , Z etc).

Maybe next year Android N, if ever for the play.

I knew before i bought a cheap phone i will NOT get fastest updates , if want have to spend 700€-1000€ , not 400€.
    12-29-2016 10:04 AM
    Android M not even fixed , millions of devices have bugs and people want Android N.

If you want fast updates , being a beta tester so to speak, you have to spend MORE money for your device. ( google pixel , Z etc).

Maybe next year Android N, if ever for the play.

I knew before i bought a cheap phone i will NOT get fastest updates , if want have to spend 700€-1000€ , not 400€.
    There will always be bugs.
    12-29-2016 01:13 PM
    looks like an update will be released tomorrow for the moto z play droid, but unfortunately it just looks to be a security update unless they haven't updated the information yet, just the date.
    Is it MCOS24.104-35-1-19?
    12-29-2016 01:27 PM
    Yep, just updated it a few minutes ago. I think the last update ended in 9, this one ends in 19. It now says Dec 1 2016 security update.
    12-29-2016 02:27 PM
116 1234 ...