Nougat please...

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Always going to be late to someone.

It's not a Pixel or a Nexus so it's fine in my opinion.
No I completely understand. I came from the Nexus brand. I just thought Nougat would have been sooner than March with the track record Lenovo has with their Moto updates in the past is all.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have both a Z play and Nexus 5x. The 5x is up to date with 7.1.1. To be honest there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two in performance. I don't think 7.0 is really going to make a huge difference since the Moto Z Play is already such a smooth lag free experience with 6.0.1. It took 7.0 to get the Nexus 5x close to the smoothness of the Z Play. I can wait a while longer I guess. In the meantime the 5x will probably stay in its box and serve as a backup. I'd rather use the Z Play for now even without Nougat.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
N happening in europe for unlocked devices!

Will stay on M until O, so don't care , N is crap anyway , now, better let others beta test couple of months at least.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Internet is full of problems left and right, many manufacturers stopped rolling out this sh.it.

So better act now and disable everything to avoid update and enjoy my lovely july security patched Z play until next device and OS is out (called Android O)

It's fast, stable, no bugs and with amazing batterylife why should I update to a bug ridden OS?

Soon threads pop up " batterylife tanked after update to Nougat"...."have Bluetooth problems with Nougat" ..." signal reception very bad , not same before after update"

Haha then there is no (easy) way back to android M, you can not simply downgrade officially.

Moto is rolling out N in Europe, but moto germany told us for weeks in advance, so nothing new here.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Internet is full of problems left and right, many manufacturers stopped rolling out this sh.it.

So better act now and disable everything to avoid update and enjoy my lovely july security patched Z play until next device and OS is out (called Android O)

It's fast, stable, no bugs and with amazing batterylife why should I update to a bug ridden OS?

Soon threads pop up " batterylife tanked after update to Nougat"...."have Bluetooth problems with Nougat" ..." signal reception very bad , not same before after update"

Haha then there is no (easy) way back to android M, you can not simply downgrade officially.

Moto is rolling out N in Europe, but moto germany told us for weeks in advance, so nothing new here.

I have Nougat now on my Moto Z Force Droid. What bugs should I look for?

svknet

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Got Nougat 7.0 update today for Moto Z Play in India. Nothing much changed in UI except Notifications and Task Manager. Split screen option is displayed when Tasks button is pressed.

anon(9140902)

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I grabbed the Nougat OTA file from XDA last night for the Moto Z Play. It's been going out to the RETMX and RETIN software channels apparently.

I don't really know much about sideloading an OS, like does it do a full wipe and install fresh or does it upgrade the OS? will it change the software channel my phone is currently on (mine is 'tkpca', Telus Mobility)

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am curious how people feel about battery life after the update?
I am planning to wait a bit to install it. I have it on Z Force and it's great but not sure on this device.

Hopefully a few will post opinions or screen shots.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Woke up this morning to find out that the Droid Turbo 2, the phone that I ditched for the Z Play, is already getting Nougat. That was kinda annoying... I hope the Z Play is getting Nougat in early rather than late March.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci