Nougat please...

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Woke up this morning to find out that the Droid Turbo 2, the phone that I ditched for the Z Play, is already getting Nougat. That was kinda annoying... I hope the Z Play is getting Nougat in early rather than late March.

Motorola don't seem to care about customers anymore

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Note to self...when the Samsung flagship phones get ANY new OS update before other phones, you KNOW it's going to be a slow update ring for your phone...even the Moto phones. Used to be the quickest, now not so much.

SO, I have to remind myself that the amazing battery life and the mods are why I have this phone..Repeat again...

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Verizon is pushing out a March security update for the Z force,maybe we'll get lucky and they will push out the March security update with 7.0 for the Z Play.

Free_Sparrow

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
So, just checked updates and got the message Android 7 system update available! Finally! Unlocked Z play, UK.

Attachments

• 64691.jpg
    64691.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 36

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Note to self...when the Samsung flagship phones get ANY new OS update before other phones, you KNOW it's going to be a slow update ring for your phone...even the Moto phones. Used to be the quickest, now not so much.

SO, I have to remind myself that the amazing battery life and the mods are why I have this phone..Repeat again...

While the Moto Z line is the flagship line, let's be honest here: the Moto Z Play and Moto Z Play Droid are mid-rangers.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So, just checked updates and got the message Android 7 system update available! Finally! Unlocked Z play, UK.
Please post some thoughts on how you like it. I'm mostly interested in battery life, and if you notice is it better or worse? Or does it seem to be the same?

anon(6017535)

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Moto Z play droid here. My phone finally received the nougat update a little after 12am PST March 4th. I just booted it up again, and it feels remarkably the same, actually lol. The double tap to switch to most recent app is nice, but I don't think I'll use the split screen as much as I expected.

anon(9140902)

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Rogers and Telus in Canada started pushing Nougat to their Z Play units on March 1. I also saw RETCA (Retail Canada) units are also getting Nougat.

I sideloaded Nougat onto my Koodo Moto Z Play this morning

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20