03-06-2017 05:02 PM
116 123 ...
tools
    When the heck is our chance to get Nougat and new security update? I'm on the unlocked Moto Z Play. Been checking their website and update still says pending. Even though the Force and Moto Z are getting it, they say pending too.
    11-30-2016 06:58 AM
    This https://motog3.com/motorola-android-...#Moto_X_SERIES suggest February or possibly sooner
    11-30-2016 07:31 AM
    Hoping for N soon too. I thought all Z phones will get it by end of December. Been switching between my Z Play and Nexus 5x. Man is 7.1.1 nice. I'm hoping Moto doesn't abandon updates after 7.0. Personally I'd rather wait longer and get 7.1.1 for the Z Play.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    11-30-2016 07:38 AM
    I have the Force and a family member has the Play. Almost wish I never upgrade to 7.0. Lost the ability to do a few things with the upgrade.
    11-30-2016 07:56 AM
    I have the Force and a family member has the Play. Almost wish I never upgrade to 7.0. Lost the ability to do a few things with the upgrade.
    Like what?
    11-30-2016 08:14 AM
    Makes no sense. What would you lose by an Android upgrade?
    11-30-2016 08:20 AM
    Sorry the forum rules don't allow me to be specific.
    I'll just say I have an unlimited date plan and should be able to use my data anyway I want.
    It wasn't a "feature" so to speak.

I will say we swapped out sim cards and made it work.
    11-30-2016 09:47 AM
    I'll just say I have an unlimited date plan and should be able to use my data anyway I want.

Sounds like something dodgy is going on which Google has blocked in Nougat.
    11-30-2016 03:30 PM
    When the heck is our chance to get Nougat and new security update? I'm on the unlocked Moto Z Play. Been checking their website and update still says pending. Even though the Force and Moto Z are getting it, they say pending too.
    Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid I believe use the same firmware (at least, they're versioned the same). Moto Z Play Droid, Moto Z Play, and Moto Z are all on different tracks too.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    11-30-2016 04:03 PM

Or you could pay for the feature like you agreed to. Tethering was a paid feature way back when unlimited plans were sold. It's not like they bait and switched you.
    cbironman24 and AllenRulz like this.
    11-30-2016 05:56 PM
    I can't wait. Love Nougat and also just anticipating a new security update.
    12-01-2016 11:04 AM
    Hm a new security update I got a few days ago, but didn't install it.
    Will stay on july patch until I hear about an update which is bug free (notification volume low etc)

Not want mess around with my phone, as far as i know july patch is the best OS , that's why i disable all update services.
    12-02-2016 11:53 AM
    I cam see lots of people mentioning it, but I don't have any issues with notification volume.

I assume you've checked all 3 volumes are set high in settings?
    12-02-2016 05:33 PM
    I cam see lots of people mentioning it, but I don't have any issues with notification volume.

I assume you've checked all 3 volumes are set high in settings?
    I'm not experiencing this issue either. Neither is my son. We're on the October security patch.
    12-02-2016 06:22 PM
    I'm not experiencing this issue either. Neither is my son. We're on the October security patch.
    i still have no idea. I just know that I was reading here in this forum that if

"I am one of the lucky ones still on july patch without any bugs I should disable my moto update system service in apps immediately"

And that's what I did.

My OS is running perfectly fine no need to update anything and should stay that way.

As far as I know, if I update to october or december or ( whatever my updates are )... I can't roll back.
    12-03-2016 03:57 AM
    i still have no idea. I just know that I was reading here in this forum that if

"I am one of the lucky ones still on july patch without any bugs I should disable my moto update system service in apps immediately"

And that's what I did.

My OS is running perfectly fine no need to update anything and should stay that way.

As far as I know, if I update to october or december or ( whatever my updates are )... I can't roll back.
    Only the August security update is claimed to have this issue, yet no one I've seen claiming to suffer this supposed issue has confirmed they've checked all 3 volume settings.

I'm now on August and don't have any issues at all.

Remember these are SECURITY updates. Ignoring them leaves you open to a number of nasty flaws.
    12-03-2016 01:41 PM
    I just received an update on my UK Moto Z play, it is installing right now, cross fingers!
    NX1977 and Ry like this.
    12-06-2016 01:48 PM
    I just received an update on my UK Moto Z play, it is installing right now, cross fingers!
    I got excited, but it's only the October security update for me.
    12-06-2016 02:28 PM
    It was an October security update. Still 6.0.1
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat please...-10591.jpg  
    12-06-2016 02:33 PM
    Seems the October update is a prerequisite for Nougat.

As I only got August a week ago, I'm hoping my UK unlocked device will see it before Christmas.
    12-06-2016 04:51 PM
    Its been couple of months now when I got Moto Z Play in India (unlocked).
    But phone has never received any update (system or security) till now. My Phone displays 6.0.1 with August 2016 Patch.
    I was hoping to see Nougat updated this month (Dec 2016).
    12-20-2016 03:33 AM
    You must spend more , for the Z , to get faster OS updates.

It's Levono Moto's flagship model.

Let them work out the M bugs first for the Play before switching to N.

Until we play owners get N , they worked out the bugs on the Z for us, it's not bad to be one step behind

I'm on July patch and won't update until I get a major official "Go".
    12-20-2016 06:06 AM
    You must spend more , for the Z , to get faster OS updates.

It's Levono Moto's flagship model.

Let them work out the M bugs first for the Play before switching to N.

Until we play owners get N , they worked out the bugs on the Z for us, it's not bad to be one step behind

I'm on July patch and won't update until I get a major official "Go".
    I'd expect a delay on a Z Play update if Motorola is going to address the Low Notification issue on Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid that some people are experiencing off-cycle.

Also - I'd expect the Moto Z Play Droid to be ahead of the US unlocked GSM Moto Z Play and other international variants of the Play.
    12-20-2016 12:51 PM
    I
    Also - I'd expect the Moto Z Play Droid to be ahead of the US unlocked GSM Moto Z Play and other international variants of the Play.
    Why? International unlocked is usually always 1st
    12-20-2016 12:55 PM
    Why? International unlocked is usually always 1st
    Is it?

Did the international unlocked Moto Z get Nougat before the Moto Z Droid?
    12-20-2016 12:56 PM
116 123 ...