I've been with sprint for quite a long time and considering a move to T-mobile so I can get this phone. My biggest issue is battery life. I have to plug my note 5 in constantly and this seems to be the issue with most Samsung phones. The one question I have is, can anyone here confirm that the moto z play works with band 12 on T-mobile? I can see this being of great use for me when in my office where reception is quite poor. I was browsing through some reddit forums and there seems to be discrepancy to what's listed in the specs and if it indeed works with band 12. Any help?
    12-03-2016 12:09 PM
    It depends on which variant you have. The XT1563 will work but the 1562 won't
    12-03-2016 12:17 PM
    I haven't purchased a moto z play yet, so I'm assuming when I purchase it from the moto site to just purchase the one the works with T-mobile ( considering I just looked all over their spec sheets and I couldn't find the actual product number in the specs ). Has it actually been confirmed that the band 12 does indeed kick in when needed? I guess from the few posts I read on reddit the confusion was specs showing it worked, yet some were saying that band 12 didn't actually work for them. Perhaps their issue was as you pointed out, using the wrong device for the network. Thanks for your feedback.
    12-03-2016 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD