Moto Z Play, is it equal to the regular Z?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I originally had the Z Force and loved it before I left Verizon. I pulled the trigger on the regular Z model thinking it to be so much like the Force. I was wrong. I was forced to keep my battery mod on it pretty much all the time due to its terrible battery. I decided to send it back to Amazon. Do you guys think the Z Play performance wise and screen resolution wise that I'll see any real world inferior difference? The Z Play has an incredible battery and I wanted some thoughts here before I decided on it or not. Thanks a bunch.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto Z, is it equal to the regular Z?

I originally had the Z Force and loved it before I left Verizon. I pulled the trigger on the regular Z model thinking it to be so much like the Force. I was wrong. I was forced to keep my battery mod on it pretty much all the time due to its terrible battery. I decided to send it back to Amazon. Do you guys think the Z Play performance wise and screen resolution wise that I'll see any real world inferior difference? The Z Play has an incredible battery and I wanted some thoughts here before I decided on it or not. Thanks a bunch.

I have a Force for work and a Play for my personal phone. I see no real world difference in performance. None. Play battery is literally twice as good as the Force. No exaggeration. Can only imagine it might be 3 times as good as the regular Z. I've never even thought of hooking up my battery mod to the Play.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Moto Z, is it equal to the regular Z?

I have a Force for work and a Play for my personal phone. I see no real world difference in performance. None. Play battery is literally twice as good as the Force. No exaggeration. Can only imagine it might be 3 times as good as the regular Z. I've never even thought of hooking up my battery mod to the Play.
Wow that's what I needed to hear. I think you've sold me on the Z Play. If it's just as good as the Force which I had, then I'll like it. Thanks for the comparison on the two phones.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like. It's got a better camera than the supposedly better regular Z and to be honest, 16mpx is plenty sharp enough for regular photos. How's the 1080p? I just wondered if there was that much of visual difference than the Force and Z? Also you said performance is almost real world identical? Thanks for your help. I think as soon as Amazon refunds me, I'm placing my order for the Z Play and JBL Mod. I've already got a couple of style shells and a Tumi Mod. I held on to those just in case I decided on the Z Play. Sounds like I won't have to use the Tumi Battery that much. I had to keep it on that regular Z at all times which is what made me send it back.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like. It's got a better camera than the supposedly better regular Z and to be honest, 16mpx is plenty sharp enough for regular photos. How's the 1080p? I just wondered if there was that much of visual difference than the Force and Z? Also you said performance is almost real world identical? Thanks for your help. I think as soon as Amazon refunds me, I'm placing my order for the Z Play and JBL Mod. I've already got a couple of style shells and a Tumi Mod. I held on to those just in case I decided on the Z Play. Sounds like I won't have to use the Tumi Battery that much. I had to keep it on that regular Z at all times which is what made me send it back.

I'd be shocked if you ever use a battery mod. No chance you'll need it. The 1080 screen is magnificent.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'd be shocked if you ever use a battery mod. No chance you'll need it. The 1080 screen is magnificent.
That's great. I just ordered the JBL Mod and now I'm just waiting for Amazon to issue my refund for the Z so I can order the play. You guys have big time helpful. I was on the Z forum and I didn't get much feedback. I thought I'd come on this one to see how you guys liked the Play. Much appreciated

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks brother. Watched the reviews. Unbelievable. They hardly had any negative in all three reviews. Typically in unbiased reviews, you find that they will have one or two major things that they harp on. The Z Play was praised heavily. Appreciate the videos. Now only if Amazon will hurry up with my refund of the Z I had, I can't wait for this one to come in. My favorite mod is the JBL speaker. When I had the Z Force my JBL spent 70 percent of the time on it. Great for a speaker phone that you can finally hear the other person and then there is no need to use an external Bluetooth speaker to watch a movie or listen to music. The regular Z didn't give me much choice but to keep my battery mod on at all times bc it's battery was awful. Probably the biggest reason I sent it back then it's just too thin. I could not get used to it feeling like it was missing something. I know that's mental but it's way to thin. I wish it were $399 but $450 still seems to be a good deal from what I've read in this thread alone. Definitely looking forward to getting this on order.

jbird68

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Love my Droid Z Play's battery life. I had a Droid Mini and had to charge it all the time. I can leave my Z overnight and still have a days worth of charge. I wasn't keen on the bigger screen but love the battery.

shaunypat

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone 6s for the ZPlay when it came on my radar. I've had a handful of Android devices, flagship and budget, over the years. I'm not kidding when I tell you this is one of the best sub$500 phones I think has ever been made. You have a real challenge killing this battery, and the turbo charger is LEGIT. Between the 625 being so battery sipping, and future software capable, and the Moto Mods and gestures being actually usable(Zoom camera notwithstanding), I'll be keeping this for quite some time. I'd recommend it to anyone.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The battery life is amazing. I literally went 3 nights without charging this week. I had a Pixel and sold it. After having battery life like this other features like camera and notifications don't seem to matter as much.

Wallaboom

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
The battery life is amazing. I literally went 3 nights without charging this week. I had a Pixel and sold it. After having battery life like this other features like camera and notifications don't seem to matter as much.

Right battery life is king, I couldn't agree more after using the Play don't notice or miss any high end specs. Plus I have the car Moto mod and Camera and love them both thus far! Excited to see what new Moto mod 2017 phones come out!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz