Looking to upgrade from a Turbo to a Z Play, mostly for the battery life. would this be considered an upgrade in function and feature?
    12-29-2016 05:34 AM
    Looking to upgrade from a Turbo to a Z Play, mostly for the battery life. would this be considered an upgrade in function and feature?
    Traded my droid turbo 3 weeks ago and can't even see it in the rear view mirror. I had to root it to get its battery to last more than a day. The first one broke and the replacement was just OK. I really like the Z Play - It is fast, no problems reading text on screen. Easy to customize and batter is the best I have ever seen on a stock cellphone. This phone is much easier and quicker than my wife's Samsung G6. Her camera is the only feature that is better. I carry a DSLR and almost never use the phone for photos. Hope you enjoy yours and good luck.
    Mike
    this_is_nascar likes this.
    12-29-2016 10:34 AM
    Good to hear. Thanks. Anyone else with some feedback?
    12-29-2016 12:48 PM
    Traded my droid turbo 3 weeks ago and can't even see it in the rear view mirror. I had to root it to get its battery to last more than a day. The first one broke and the replacement was just OK. I really like the Z Play - It is fast, no problems reading text on screen. Easy to customize and batter is the best I have ever seen on a stock cellphone. This phone is much easier and quicker than my wife's Samsung G6. Her camera is the only feature that is better. I carry a DSLR and almost never use the phone for photos. Hope you enjoy yours and good luck.
    Mike
    Just to clarify, you mean Droid Turbo 2, right?
    12-29-2016 12:49 PM
    No, the original Turbo.
    12-29-2016 12:52 PM
    Oops.... You weren't talking to me. Sorry.
    12-29-2016 12:57 PM
    i went from the original turbo to the Z play.

the only advantage for me is the battery life.

the turbo battery life is very good but nothing like the Z play.

the camera in my opinion is much better on the droid turbo.

but besides the battery, the droid turbo i actually prefer.

i also like the 5.2" size better than the 5.5".

i would not have changed knowing what i know now.
    gamefreak715 likes this.
    12-29-2016 07:08 PM
    I went from the original turbo to the Z Force. My wife decided on getting the Play. She didn't like it and I wasn't going to return it. I use it occasionally, and activate it on my line about once a week.

I am blown away by the battery life. I don't have and screen shots but here's an example for you.

I have set both phones up the exact same way. Apps and so forth. I disable all connections at night. Wifi, 4g, both shut off. I restrict background data. I disable all apps from having access to background data unless the app is being used. Both phones charged and unplugged at the same time.

About 8-10 hours overnight and the Force will be at about 96-97%. The Play will still be at 100%. I have tested this 3 times, every time the same results.
    12-30-2016 01:07 AM
    Thx. I'd go with a replacement Turbo, in a heartbeat, if I could still get on new. Problem is that they're all refurbished, with original batteries, which have reach the end of their lifespan.
    12-30-2016 04:46 AM
    I'm really surprised to hear the Turbo camera is taking better photos than the Play.
    12-30-2016 09:03 AM
    I'm really surprised to hear the Turbo camera is taking better photos than the Play.
    Wishful thinking IMO.
    benjamminh likes this.
    12-30-2016 01:17 PM
    Wishful thinking IMO.
    I've had the Turbo and the Play and the Play is better in every respect. Just a beast of a phone.
    benjamminh likes this.
    12-30-2016 02:03 PM
    I really think I'm going to move forward and get the Moto Z Play Droid. I'm not a "gotta have the latest technology" sort of guy and battery life is very important to me.

I really won't be using the Moto Mods anytime soon, so I want to start researching a good case, since both sides of this are made of glass.
    benjamminh and gamefreak715 like this.
    12-30-2016 03:55 PM
    I really think I'm going to move forward and get the Moto Z Play Droid. I'm not a "gotta have the latest technology" sort of guy and battery life is very important to me.

I really won't be using the Moto Mods anytime soon, so I want to start researching a good case, since both sides of this are made of glass.
    Great choice. You won't need the mods. Verizon has several good cases in their stores. I'm using the standard $15 TPU case and like it. Barely adds any bulk.
    this_is_nascar and benjamminh like this.
    12-30-2016 05:01 PM
    Got my Z Play earlier today. Been messing with it.

I'll comment after I've used it for a bit.
    12-31-2016 08:45 PM
    Wishful thinking IMO.
    Why? They have the same camera, except the Turbo has 21MP, the Z Play has 16MP.
    01-01-2017 11:41 AM
    To me, the Z Force is the natural successor to the Droid Turbo and Turbo 2. The Play is more the natural successor to the Maxx and Maxx 2.
    On2Vegas likes this.
    01-01-2017 12:23 PM
    I chose the Play for two reasons. The battery performance and the cost.

I hope it lives up to the claim of awesome battery life.
    01-01-2017 02:00 PM
    I chose the Play for two reasons. The battery performance and the cost.

I hope it lives up to the claim of awesome battery life.
    Pretty sure it will. Enjoy your new phone.
    this_is_nascar likes this.
    01-01-2017 02:45 PM
    i went from the original turbo to the Z play.

the only advantage for me is the battery life.

the turbo battery life is very good but nothing like the Z play.

the camera in my opinion is much better on the droid turbo.

but besides the battery, the droid turbo i actually prefer.

i also like the 5.2" size better than the 5.5".

i would not have changed knowing what i know now.
    I had the same device prior to the Moto Z Play (Moto Maxx, rather than the VZW Droid Turbo), and I only wish I had done it sooner. I agree with the screen size - 5" is the perfect one-hand operation size for me personally, but I like everything else with this phone over the Droid Turbo/Moto Maxx. Most especially the battery life
    01-03-2017 12:13 PM
    I traded from a turbo 2 and this was an upgraded. So coming from an old turbo... Definitely. The battery life is insane. Thats all i wanted from a phone. And it doesn't sacrifice performance by getting it. I hope tbey continue to make phones like this and get even better battery life.
    On2Vegas likes this.
    01-04-2017 09:37 PM