Moto Z Play Droid - Battery Life Issue?

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Did you try axing FB yet? i get ridonculous battery life on my Z Play - maybe better than any device i've owned save my Passport.
FWIW, i uninstalled GSam as it was also a resource/battery murderer.
Not until I can figure out how to save images in Chrome.

Anyone know how?

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Can some please interpret this and tell me what this means?

a63c12b57edee309f8eb35a8d4b02c58.jpg

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I would do a factory reset. Do not install and apps except updates. Charge till full before bedtime, turn on Bluetooth and wifi, make sure screen time out I'd at 30 seconds. Then set it down by bed. Check first thing in morning. Bet doze works l. If not take it back. Get a new one.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm absolutely convinced that the combination of an active Bluetooth in addition to my spotty coverage at work during the week is what's causing my battery issues during the week.

Tim Owen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
From your screenshots I do not see much difference in days from what you have provided. 3.8% vs 5%vs 5.4% per hour when active with respective similar %ages for inactive. You appear to be losing battery due to Facebook. It maybe working in the background while your phone screen is off. Have you tried uninstalling it clearing cache and reinstalling? Or uninstalling Facebook off phone for the day and see what the stats do? I use lite Facebook which is Facebook's smaller brother and is much better. I am not sure anyone can help you much more with Facebook looking to be the culprit.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
From your screenshots I do not see much difference in days from what you have provided. 3.8% vs 5%vs 5.4% per hour when active with respective similar %ages for inactive. You appear to be losing battery due to Facebook. It maybe working in the background while your phone screen is off. Have you tried uninstalling it clearing cache and reinstalling? Or uninstalling Facebook off phone for the day and see what the stats do? I use lite Facebook which is Facebook's smaller brother and is much better. I am not sure anyone can help you much more with Facebook looking to be the culprit.
No, I have not tried any of that. I use the FB more on the weekend than during the week. I do not use BT on the weekend, only during the week.

Knowing that, I don't understand how FB is the problem. Certainly, I would get better battery life, overall, by not using FB, but that doesn't explain weekend battery life vs weekday battery life.

I think it's a combo of network coverage and BT.

kigmatzomat

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
When using your headphones, what are you listening too? Downloaded music or streaming? A poor network plus streaming audio ==battery killer.

I tend to listen to 2-5hrs of downloaded podcasts over bt headphones, 3-4hrs SoT and have 55% battery after 16hrs off charger.

I would second looking at Facebook. If you don't want to try uninstalling it, try manually force-stopping it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith