Anybody's Z Play freezing when turning Bluetooth on?

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey everybody. I hardly ever use Bluetooth, but, I turned it on the other day in the quick toggle panel and the phone froze. Ended up having to soft reset the phone to get things working again. Just tried it again and the same happened. Anybody else have this? If I go into settings and turn it on that way it works fine. On Marshmallow 6.0.1 btw

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried turning Bluetooth and WiFi Scanning to Off? That should help with the battery drain. Settings > Location > 3 dot menu > Scanning. I always turn both to Off on all of my phones and rarely experience Bluetooth battery drain, or other weird Bluetooth issues.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried turning Bluetooth and WiFi Scanning to Off? That should help with the battery drain. Settings > Location > 3 dot menu > Scanning. I always turn both to Off on all of my phones and rarely experience Bluetooth battery drain, or other weird Bluetooth issues.
Thx. Yes, I've had them both turned off for quite some time.

kigmatzomat

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
What BT devices do you have connected? I have a Pebble connected 24/7, a set of moto s305 headphones that are linked up most of the work day, and the stereo in my car on the commute and I have no significant battery drain.

(Typically @55% battery remaining w 3-4hrs screen-on @ 16hrs off charger)

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
What BT devices do you have connected? I have a Pebble connected 24/7, a set of moto s305 headphones that are linked up most of the work day, and the stereo in my car on the commute and I have no significant battery drain.

(Typically @55% battery remaining w 3-4hrs screen-on @ 16hrs off charger)
BlueParrot XT-350.