Moto Z Play Droid: 7.0 Nougat

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Got mine updated, no issues at all so far without issue. Google assistant is now working too but not sure if that is just a coincidence or not.

Last edited:

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Everything is dandy on Nougat for me except:

• There's a glitch where if my phone is locked and I'm playing music (Rocket Player), the power button refuses to work so I can't see the lock screen. The only way to wake the phone is to use the fingerprint sensor.
  • Battery life SOT is slightly worse. I haven't factory reset, but I've cleared cache and most of my app caches as well. Doze on the go works well though.

Anybody else with these issues?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Everything is dandy on Nougat for me except:

• There's a glitch where if my phone is locked and I'm playing music (Rocket Player), the power button refuses to work so I can't see the lock screen. The only way to wake the phone is to use the fingerprint sensor.
  • Battery life SOT is slightly worse. I haven't factory reset, but I've cleared cache and most of my app caches as well. Doze on the go works well though.

Anybody else with these issues?

Re battery life - yes I have. But the difference is ever so slight.

Icemax60

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
My battery life is worse now. I really don't use my phone much and hardly listen to music or play games. I have 2 hours SOT and I'm at 70%. Before I would be at like 90% with 2 hours SOT

parthtc09

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is worse now. I really don't use my phone much and hardly listen to music or play games. I have 2 hours SOT and I'm at 70%. Before I would be at like 90% with 2 hours SOT
Try dong a factory reset and wipe cache partition. So far mine is just as good as the day I got it even with nougat. Battery is a beast.

jbird68

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have an issue with being able to use SD card for external storage? If I go in to settings/storage I can see my card and there are some apps on it. But I can't access the card using ES explorer or File Manager. It just doesn't show up. I was saving my photos to the card...or I thought I was.