I have a Moto x pure and have the opportunity to get a z play. Has anyone here owned both devices? Should I grab the z play or just stick with my x pure? Please help me out with my decision.
    PAC757 likes this.
    03-15-2017 03:37 PM
    I'd be interested in opinions from owners of both also.
    03-15-2017 04:39 PM
    Switched from x pure to z play. For me everything is way better on z play. Camera, battery is miles ahead and for me it's a lot smoother. I'm 100% happy with the switch and couldn't see going back.
    sicario666 and Morty2264 like this.
    03-15-2017 07:53 PM
    Switched from x pure to z play. For me everything is way better on z play. Camera, battery is miles ahead and for me it's a lot smoother. I'm 100% happy with the switch and couldn't see going back.
    Thank you. I appreciate the input
    Joe Zambito likes this.
    03-15-2017 07:55 PM
    I have a Moto x pure and have the opportunity to get a z play. Has anyone here owned both devices? Should I grab the z play or just stick with my x pure? Please help me out with my decision.
    been using XPE for a year now. I got my wife Z Play in November and play with it every day. It's not even close. Performs better - it's faster and snappier , has a better signal - we are both on Verizon and maybe it's tuned better for their Network as it's their phone (same dB but holds to LTE in areas where drive and bounces back to it once it drops to 3g - XPE kinda gets stuck for a while ). better camera and battery life is beyond comparison - 3 SOT in 12hrs vs 8-9 in 48hrs.
    Amoled on Z is way better for Moto Active Display , but if you are into color accuracy, then XPE is the king compared to any phone now.
    Speaker is surprisingly loud and clear , but can't beat stereo and bigger speakers.
    Unlike XPE , Play never gets hot.
    Mods easily become a necessity we don't go anywhere without her JBL speaker​. great not just for videos and music , but for phone calls as well.
    Battery mod is great, but we never really needed it. I just can't wait to see the upcoming releases and hope will see some HiFi DAC and maybe improved camera mod.
    We never used the FPS so no clue how good or fast it is.
    The only area it really comes short (for those who care) is the missing Mics - 1 or 2 I believe. Where I realized significant difference is the Moto Voice - it gets triggered way too often even with unusual words (I tried same as on mine). So, if you are into talking to your phone , it gets frustrating.
    So, if it was a soccer game I would put it
    Z Play 6 - 2 XPE
    At times great play by the Purists - showing some skills, but defense for the most part completely absent and when not, simply unable to handle relentless attacks by Zingers with extraordinary precision and stamina. )

the only reason I didn't drop this battery hog of mine is the fact that I had to pay full price and also the ability to Tether natively through my phone. now , that they Unlimited shared plans and all , I just might wait a few more months to see the new Z Line. one of the things worth waiting and should drastically improve is the camera. Moto stills fails to deliver good low light photos and can't come close to any Flagship or Mid range phone.
    Morty2264 and PowrDroid like this.
    03-16-2017 02:08 AM
    Is there no wifi hotspot baked in on the z play? I just bought an unlocked one and I didn't even think that feature would be absent...
    03-16-2017 01:54 PM
    Is there no wifi hotspot baked in on the z play? I just bought an unlocked one and I didn't even think that feature would be absent...
    I don't think Tethering is missing from the unlocked Moto Z Play or Moto Z Play DROID.

udazavlanje may be referring to the fact that if you tether from an unlocked Moto X Pure Edition (or unlocked Moto G4), Verizon can't see that it's actually tethering, which is useful for those still on the legacy Unlimited Data Plan on the new/current Unlimited Plan.
    soma4society likes this.
    03-16-2017 04:35 PM
    been using XPE for a year now. I got my wife Z Play in November and play with it every day. It's not even close. Performs better - it's faster and snappier , has a better signal - we are both on Verizon and maybe it's tuned better for their Network as it's their phone (same dB but holds to LTE in areas where drive and bounces back to it once it drops to 3g - XPE kinda gets stuck for a while ). better camera and battery life is beyond comparison - 3 SOT in 12hrs vs 8-9 in 48hrs.
    Amoled on Z is way better for Moto Active Display , but if you are into color accuracy, then XPE is the king compared to any phone now.
    Speaker is surprisingly loud and clear , but can't beat stereo and bigger speakers.
    Mods easily become a necessity we don't go anywhere without her JBL speaker​. great not just for videos and music , but for phone calls as well.
    Battery mod is great, but we never really needed it. I just can't wait to see the upcoming releases and hope will see some HiFi DAC and maybe improved camera mod.
    The only area it really comes short (for those who care) is the missing Mics - 1 or 2 I believe. Where I realized significant difference is the Moto Voice - it gets triggered way too often even with unusual words (I tried same as on mine). So, if you are into talking to your phone , it gets frustrating.
    Z Play 6 - 2 XPE
    At times great play by the Purists - showing some skills, but defense for the most part completely absent and when not, simply unable to handle relentless attacks by Zingers with extraordinary precision and stamina. )

the only reason I didn't drop this battery hog of mine is the fact that I had to pay full price and also the ability to Tether natively through my phone. now , that they Unlimited shared plans and all , I just might wait a few more months to see the new Z Line. one of the things worth waiting and should drastically improve is the camera. Moto stills fails to deliver good low light photos and can't come close to any Flagship or Mid range phone.
    You can tether on the Z Play with the legacy UDP.
    1. Pop out SIM tray (no need to remove, just pop out)
    2. Re-insert SIM tray and immediately turn the hotspot from the notification shade.
    3. Profit
    03-19-2017 08:49 PM
    I had the Moto x pure for about 6 months early last year. I've had the play Z since this past Friday.

I'd advise the Play Z. My reasons:

1. Pure used to get warm with every day use, this doesn't seem to at all
    2. Pure had sub par battery life, this device is phenomenal in that dept.
    3. This device is as fluid as my 6P
    4. The speaker on this isn't stereo but it's plenty loud
    5. Photos seem ok to me but if they have be top notch then reconsider
    5. Call loudness/qual seem great

I picked up a "like new" one from Amazon for $230 (also had some capital one pts to spend). At that price I figured I may keep it as a family back up even if I do jump on the 1+5. This could easily be a super fun and reliable daily driver tho.
    kojak and PowrDroid like this.
    03-20-2017 11:10 AM
    Z Play 6 - 2 XPE

Thank you for your great review!
    05-02-2017 10:53 AM