Hey fellow Moto fans,

I just ordered an unlocked Z Play from Motorola. Motorola sent me a 10% off code after I kept putting it in the cart. I'm running a Moto X Pure Edition right now, and it's been great except for the battery life.

Looking forward to my new Z Play and its huge battery life, and the Mods of course.

Cheers!

-Gus
    03-24-2017 08:41 PM
    Hey fellow Moto fans,

I just ordered an unlocked Z Play from Motorola. Motorola sent me a 10% off code after I kept putting it in the cart. I'm running a Moto X Pure Edition right now, and it's been great except for the battery life.

Looking forward to my new Z Play and its huge battery life, and the Mods of course.

Cheers!

-Gus
    Hope you received it and are enjoying it!!!!!
    03-26-2017 10:13 PM
    Will you be using AT&T as carrier? Let us know how you fair with LTE reception.
    03-27-2017 10:33 AM
    Enjoy the phone..... It's a beast.
    benjamminh likes this.
    03-27-2017 12:03 PM
    Thanks all. It's supposed to arrive on Monday 4/3.

I am indeed on AT&T, and I will let you know how it works for me. So excited!
    03-27-2017 04:54 PM
    Thanks all. It's supposed to arrive on Monday 4/3.

I am indeed on AT&T, and I will let you know how it works for me. So excited!
    Do you have an AT&T phone/account currently?
    03-28-2017 07:34 AM
    Yes I do.
    03-29-2017 04:51 PM
    Are you just planning on putting your old sim card into the new MZP?
    03-30-2017 08:05 AM
    This is 312MotoGus coming to you from his sexy-new Moto Z Play, which is a slightly unfortunate name for such a cool device.

Are you just planning on putting your old sim card into the new MZP?
    I reused my old SIM, everything is working fine.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-30-2017 11:08 PM
    Now you just need to update your avatar
    03-31-2017 12:48 PM
    Forgot to add that the Nougat update notification came up as soon as I connected to wifi. Nougat yum.

Now you just need to update your avatar
    *snort* Thanks, I forgot!
    03-31-2017 12:54 PM
    Glad to hear. Let me know how you're doing a month from now. I had LTE initially for about 3 weeks til AT&T degraded my signal because they considered an unknown device. After 5 months of going back & forth, I hot swapped my son from last phone to the MZP & I now have LTE data again.

Very smooth phone when all is working. The incipio battery mod is quite sweet.

EDIT: It's been about a week since I posted, but I'm back to H+ service. I lost LTE service again a reboot. Hot swapping the simple isn't bringing back the service.
    04-01-2017 04:50 PM
    Forgot to add that the Nougat update notification came up as soon as I connected to wifi. Nougat yum.

*snort* Thanks, I forgot!
    How are you liking your Z Play after a month with it?
    05-02-2017 10:40 AM
    How are you liking your Z Play after a month with it?
    Short answer: it rules.

Long answer: it's like butter, baby! It's great- Moto Mods are my life now. Not really, but the Moto Mods system is well done and fun to play with. The phone is fast and smooth. The camera is ok, not great but gets the job done. The screen is vivid indoors, but even in my car on a sunny day, it's not quite bright enough. Build quality is fantastic, it feels like a single piece.

And the battery life? Oh man. I find myself running out of day before battery. Routinely getting 7+ hours of SOT. A couple times got over 10. Going to bed with 30% battery. Just went almost 30 hours without charging.

I'm getting the Incipio car dock for my b-day this week. Looking forward to more Mods.
    05-02-2017 09:38 PM

Long answer: it's like butter, baby! It's great- Moto Mods are my life now. Not really, but the Moto Mods system is well done and fun to play with. The phone is fast and smooth. The camera is ok, not great but gets the job done. The screen is vivid indoors, but even in my car on a sunny day, it's not quite bright enough. Build quality is fantastic, it feels like a single piece.

And the battery life? Oh man. I find myself running out of day before battery. Routinely getting 7+ hours of SOT. A couple times got over 10. Going to bed with 30% battery. Just went almost 30 hours without charging.

I'm getting the Incipio car dock for my b-day this week. Looking forward to more Mods.
    Amazing! Thank you for answering my question and for your review!

Dumb question I'm sure, but does the Z Play have an LED light? I forget. I'm really impressed with the battery life and your SOT. I'm thinking the Moto Z Play's next iteration may be my next phone. How is the speaker quality? Camera is cool - as long as it gets the job done, I'm okay with whatever haha.
    05-03-2017 06:05 PM
    If they improve the camera and double the memory to 64 I am definitely getting a Moto Z Play 2 this year. It's a fantastic phone. Only issue is if they will keep routinely updating the phone which is always a concern with Moto devices.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-04-2017 10:27 AM
    They did improve the camera on z2 play, it comes with Sony camera from g5 plus/s7 edge which was rated best in class. Memory I'm not sure about but micro sd solves that problem.
    05-04-2017 02:33 PM
    They did improve the camera on z2 play, it comes with Sony camera from g5 plus/s7 edge which was rated best in class. Memory I'm not sure about but micro sd solves that problem.
    How do you know this? They have not officially announced the specs for the next gen Z Play.
    05-04-2017 03:52 PM
    If they improve the camera and double the memory to 64 I am definitely getting a Moto Z Play 2 this year.
    Forgot to mention that as a down side, the 32GB max memory. I was spoiled with my MXPE's 65GB of space. It didn't care what I threw on there. Have to be more careful with the ZPlay.
    05-04-2017 04:09 PM
    Forgot to mention that as a down side, the 32GB max memory. I was spoiled with my MXPE's 65GB of space. It didn't care what I threw on there. Have to be more careful with the ZPlay.
    Or buy a 64 gb memory card (they're pretty cheap these days) and use it as adoptable storage. Problem solved😬
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-04-2017 08:14 PM
    How do you know this? They have not officially announced the specs for the next gen Z Play.
    Camera stuff has been kinda leaked, along with 1mm thinner design and 15% less battery . . .
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-09-2017 01:12 PM
    Camera stuff has been kinda leaked, along with 1mm thinner design and 15% less battery . . .
    Yup. Saw evidence of this in another forum thread. But I'm holding out until we see/know for sure!
    05-11-2017 11:01 PM
    Will you be using AT&T as carrier? Let us know how you fair with LTE reception.
    I just got mine this evening and I use cricket which of course runs AT&T and it's been perfect. No bumps or anything. Even watched half a movie no interruptions at all. Service is great.
    05-13-2017 02:10 AM

I just picked up the Z Play this afternoon. I initially had the Z Force way back when first released when I was with a carrier. I am actually seeing no difference between the two phones really at all. Performance is plenty and of course battery is the best. Now I need to buy another JBL Speaker as it by far was my favorite mod. Hoping next week I'll grab one. Congrats on your Z Play too.
    05-13-2017 02:15 AM