So after a while of debating then trying the regular Z which I couldn't stand then coming from a Z Force way back when I was a Verizon customer to finally grabbing the Z Play. I have been using an Honor 8 and I strongly believe that Honors EMUI software isn't really Android nor is it IOS but it should be branded as a third mobile software choice. It's just that different. So anyways I needed to send it off for warranty as I use the heck out of it and since I already owned several mods the best choice was getting the Z Play. So far I am digging it! Anyone have any advice or tips on the device that is techy or handy to know? It reminds me a lot of my old Z Force. Actually I can't really tell them apart to be honest. This is a great device and it may overtake my beloved Honor 8 and my love for EMUI software away. I already had the speaker mod. I don't think I'm going to worry about a Tumi battery mod as this battery is massive by itself. So I'll save that $65 dollars. The speaker mod is my favorite anyway as it's awesome for music and movies. You guys have any complaints on this device. Let me know overall your thoughts and feedback if you don't mind. Oh yeah and the Z Play was on sale for $399 and I had planned to spin $500 max. I thought this device to be the most sensible way to go.
    Scott337 and Morty2264 like this.
    05-12-2017 10:25 PM
    Grats! Huge battery life is huge.
    Dconn1975 and Morty2264 like this.
    05-12-2017 11:53 PM
    Grats! Huge battery life is huge.
    Thanks! Dang! Super bummed. Thought I still had the speaker mod but it was a Tumi battery mod!! Well now I guess I'll rarely need to charge my phone. Now I've got to get the speaker. That by far was my fav mod. What do you guys think, Amazon or eBay?
    05-13-2017 12:12 AM
    So glad you are enjoying your Z Play! It's an amazing phone! My friend has it and I must say I'm envious of it when I see it!
    05-15-2017 10:58 PM
    Oh you don't have one yet? I'm sure you will break down and grab one. They are on sale right now for $399. That's one major reason I decided to get one. You'd love it man. It's a great device!!!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-16-2017 02:53 AM
    Great choice. The Moto Z play is so good I chose it over the pixel XL cause of the insane battery life. And Moto features. Haven't played around with mods yet.
    05-16-2017 03:53 AM
    Oh man the first mod I'd highly suggest you investing in, is the JBL speaker mod!! It's by far the best mod they have yet. Yes the battery mods are great but for this phone they aren't totally a must but the JBL speaker sounds great with movies, music and also it's especially great if you rather talk by speaker phone instead of holding it. It's loud enough that you can be on the other side of the room doing something else and still hear the person perfectly. Also it's great if your vehicle doesn't play your calls through it's speakers. Regular speaker phone can be hard to hear in your vehicle but with the speaker mod is plenty loud enough not even turned all the way up. It has other benefits too but those are just my favorite three. Grab it first. You will thoroughly enjoy that mod. I recently saw them going brand new on eBay for $49 dollars. That is a great deal compared to what you'd normally pay which is around $80. I hope you grab a couple of mods. At least a shell back. I've got this cool red one on the way I ordered yesterday and since it's the exact color red I've been after, it will pretty much exclusively be on my Z 98 percent of the time. BTW, I just can't get used to using my Z without any mod at all. It feels like it's missing something so I think you'll enjoy the mods once you get started.
    Attached Thumbnails Finally!  Just picked up the Moto Z Play-168.jpg  
    pkguy323 likes this.
    05-16-2017 07:59 AM
    Oh you don't have one yet? I'm sure you will break down and grab one. They are on sale right now for $399. That's one major reason I decided to get one. You'd love it man. It's a great device!!!
    I may get it when my Honor 8 gives out, or see what the next iteration is like. But wow, $399 is such a great deal!
    05-16-2017 05:08 PM
    That's exactly what I have is an honor 8 but the firmware has given me a charging issue which I've realized on the XDA forums is actually becoming common as there are numerous other people have had the same specific charging issue I have now. Then I heard Huawei is not so good with warranty and I was very loyal to them. All my devices are or was Huawei honor too. I just love EMUI. It to me is simply not Android at all. Nor is it IOS. It's different enough to be its own branded mobile software. I miss that the most but if they don't warranty my honor 8 I will not buy another one of their products. They already cost me the $399 as I think they should automatically send a replacement out bc who can go without their phone while it's sent in for warranty. I had to buy something to be able to send it in but that being said I love the Z Play!! Mods are great!
    pkguy323 likes this.
    05-16-2017 08:29 PM
    05-16-2017 10:10 PM
    You dang right!!! Lol. I was thinking I was about to watch a mobile tech video you sent lol. Then I watch it and it's brilliant!! That's probably what I'll be saying when they "don't" warranty my device too lol
    05-16-2017 10:25 PM
    You didn't think it was better to wait for the Moto Z2 Play?

Personally I've been trying to sell my 2 months old S7 to get a Moto Z Play. Since no carriers have it in Canada bar Rogers, I have to buy it unlocked which forces me to sell my S7 at least the price of the Z Play which probably explains why I haven't sold it yet.
    05-17-2017 03:15 PM
    Love mine. It's been a great phone so far.
    05-17-2017 08:25 PM
    I just bought one of these on Wednesday to fiddle around with. I spend a lot of time using W10M but I came from using Android back in 2014, and find myself back on it every once in a while. Battery life was a big thing for me and still is. Eager to try out this model. It arrives tomorrow some time.
    06-05-2017 02:21 AM
    You can't go wrong. Battery life is killer.
    Nate W likes this.
    06-05-2017 03:05 AM
    I have never saw this on screen time...
    I get 7.30 on screen time at 15% and I have 1 day and 15 hours standby.
    I have to admit that my device is new and I have charged it only 8 times.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-2017 04:14 PM
    I have never saw this on screen time...
    I get 7.30 on screen time at 15% and I have 1 day and 15 hours standby.
    I have to admit that my device is new and I have charged it only 8 times.
    There's a lot of variables that feed into SOT. I can usually get 10+ hours. But I also keep location services turned off (unless I'm actively navigating somewhere), I keep the screen at about 25% brightness (cause it's enough for me), and I usually have LTE switched off and stay on 4G/H+. None of these things bother me or impede my enjoyment of the phone, but everyone's got different expectations and preferences.
    virland likes this.
    06-14-2017 07:34 AM
    There's a lot of variables that feed into SOT. I can usually get 10+ hours. But I also keep location services turned off (unless I'm actively navigating somewhere), I keep the screen at about 25% brightness (cause it's enough for me), and I usually have LTE switched off and stay on 4G/H+. None of these things bother me or impede my enjoyment of the phone, but everyone's got different expectations and preferences.
    I didn't even know it was possible to disable LTE. How did you do that?
    06-14-2017 08:54 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.networkmode

Download this app from the play store. Open it and scroll down about half way. There's a drop down menu that will show your device on LTE/UTMS. Instead, select WCDMA preferred or WCDMA only, and the phone will switch to 4G, aka H/H+. You can change it back at any time. If you turn the phone off or put it into airplane mode it will default to its LTE radios. I find 4g sufficient for just about everything.
    06-14-2017 09:47 AM
    I am sometimes on WiFi but my WiFi at home sucks so usually LTE, location is on high accuracy and screen is on adaptive set at almost full.
    06-14-2017 02:39 PM
    Didn't you know "there's an app for that"...lol
    benjamminh likes this.
    06-14-2017 02:47 PM