Both are on a equal sale this week at Best Buy and I'm thinking of scooping one of them up. Which would you go with? Better financial savings is the Z but the play has the killer battery. But I plug in each night by my bed so as long as it makes it through my work day I'm fine. I'm thinking the regular Z just for the improved camera and pick up a battery mod for it.
    06-26-2017 09:04 AM
    Both are on a equal sale this week at Best Buy and I'm thinking of scooping one of them up. Which would you go with? Better financial savings is the Z but the play has the killer battery. But I plug in each night by my bed so as long as it makes it through my work day I'm fine. I'm thinking the regular Z just for the improved camera and pick up a battery mod for it.
    Z has a little better specs and camera, the z play is if you need the huge battery without an added accessory. Think both are solid devices.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-2017 09:36 AM
    Z has a little better specs and camera, the z play is if you need the huge battery without an added accessory. Think both are solid devices.
    My G6 is slow to take pics in daylight and it's painfully slow in low light. Anything should be an improvement to the painstaking focus and shutter speed on this phone. And it's just not awesome on battery life. I think I may just pull the trigger on a Play today. Use the extra money to get the camera mod maybe.
    06-26-2017 09:42 AM
    I have both phones. Owned the Z first and left the battery mod on 24/7. Great phone. Was curious about the Z Play and its battery, so I picked one up 3 weeks ago and have been very impressed. The battery is nothing short of amazing! Don't really see any speed or screen resolution differences.

Not an easy choice to make as they are both great phones. Depending on your use the Z should should get you through a day without the battery mod. With the battery mod you have 2 or 3 days easy, and it's not too heavy or thick with the battery mod on. And that's the real advantage of the Z. The phone is so thin that it'll make using the Moto mods much more attractive to you.

The Z Play is just amazing. And you can use the style backs and change the look of the phone all you want without sacrificing great battery.

Between the two phones the Z Play is my current daily driver. Hard to put it down.
    Scott337 likes this.
    06-26-2017 10:15 AM
    I have both phones. Owned the Z first and let the battery mod on 24/7. Great phone. Was curious about the Z Play and its battery, so I picked one up 3 weeks ago and have been very impressed. The battery is nothing short of amazing! Don't really see any speed or screen resolution differences.

Not an easy choice to make as they are both great phones. Depending on your use the Z should should get you through a day without the battery mod. With the battery mod you have 2 or 3 days easy, and it's not too heavy or thick with the battery mod on. And that's the real advantage of the Z. The phone is so thin that it'll make using the Moto mods much more attractive to you.

The Z Play is just amazing. And you can use the style backs and change the look of the phone all you want without sacrificing great battery.

Between the two phones the Z Play is my current daily driver. Hard to put it down.
    How do you like the camera of the Play vs Z?

Thanks for the insightful reply.
    06-26-2017 10:18 AM
    Z Play.
    06-26-2017 11:07 AM
    How do you like the camera of the Play vs Z?

Thanks for the insightful reply.
    I haven't noticed any difference but don't take that many pictures to start with. I'm sure others here would be more qualified to answer that.
    06-26-2017 01:21 PM
    My wife is a semi professional photographer and has a Z Play and thinks it takes awesome pics. For what that's worth. Personally I would go with the Z Play, as others said...it's just amazing
    06-26-2017 04:57 PM
    I'm definitely going to order one. The Play just seems to good of a deal to pass up on.
    turbochgd likes this.
    06-26-2017 08:42 PM
    Great. Hope you like it as much as I do. I find the camera fine except in certain situations.
    07-01-2017 06:40 AM
    Camera isn't important to me, but battery life is. That's why I choose the Z Play.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-01-2017 11:02 AM