My wife's Moto Z Play is less than a year old (sale last Black Friday) and the screen went dead. She was using it outside but put it down and when she went back to use it, the screen had stopped working. Totally black. She tried holding power button and volume key down but nothing happened.
    Would a reboot/reset work? Is this common for the Moto Z Play? I bought it on eBay so not even sure about any warranty. Thanks.
    06-26-2017 04:46 PM
    If you are the original owner and the first person to activate the phone the warranty should be good. I bought a Droid Turbo on Swappa once and the warranty was good for me since I was the "original owner" as far as Moto was concerned since I was the only one that ever activated the phone, and registered it to my Moto account.

I'm not sure if this is common with the Z Play in particular, seems to happen to all phone models randomly. Hope you can get it working again or a warranty replacement.
    06-26-2017 04:55 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Turns out the warranty for the phone is based in Sweden (purchased phone on eBay and it is an international.version) and Motorola North America can't and won't process a replacement even though it is under warranty. Motorola Sweden can see that it's under warranty but won't replace it because we are in the US and warranty terms and conditions will not be applicable from country to country. Great customer service Moto.
    06-28-2017 07:45 PM