I usually have a shell on my ZP, and a screen protector. But the protector I've been using has started to loosen up on the edges, so i took it off to put a new one on, and I was amazed at how good the bare screen feels! SO smooth, and it really does stay much cleaner than the protector, which claimed to resist fingerprints and skin oils but really just did not.

I'm torn- I have dropped it twice, with no damage to the screen protector, but I know something bad will happen if I leave it bare (I have Moto Care on it, but I'd rather not have to replace it). But it feels so good! What is a boy to do?! 😱
    08-06-2017 02:41 PM
    I usually have my phones go naked, except I put on a glass screen protector when I can and my current Z Play follows that trend.

Glass screen protectors always feel as nice to my fingers and I don't notice much difference other than knowing the display's got an extra couple millimeters of glass on top and seeing the edges of it.

So my opinion is to possibly find a better screen protector? I keep the rest bare, I have a style shell on the back but I don't think that really counts.
    08-06-2017 02:53 PM
    Since the Style Shells come with the phone, and Moto recommends always using one they don't count as a case in my book. I have a glass screen protector on my Z Force and my wife's Z Play. I bought the Verizon brand and they seem pretty good to me. I also use the Verizon brand bumper case on both phones. Mainly for the extra grip....these phones are so slipery today.
    08-06-2017 03:54 PM
    I rock my Z Play naked. So far so good!
    08-09-2017 01:09 PM
    Chuckles! No way! It's three degrees out there... ;-)
    08-09-2017 02:23 PM
    Since the Style Shells come with the phone, and Moto recommends always using one they don't count as a case in my book. I have a glass screen protector on my Z Force and my wife's Z Play. I bought the Verizon brand and they seem pretty good to me. I also use the Verizon brand bumper case on both phones. Mainly for the extra grip....these phones are so slipery today.
    How would you compare battery life between the Force and the Play?
    08-10-2017 07:09 AM
    How would you compare battery life between the Force and the Play?
    Since we all use our phones differently it's hard to get an exact comparison. But for us, they seem to be about the same. We are not heavy users, I would say average. We both charge our phones all night while we sleep. Start each day with a full charge and then use our phones for a lot of email, texting, a few calls per day, maybe a few You Tube videos, lots of Forum usage (me), Facebook (her), some web browsing, and some shopping (Amazon, E Bay, etc). We both end up with about 3 - 4 hours of SOT and around 20 - 30% battery remaining after 16 or so hours off the charger. Some days are heavier usage and we may need to plug in for a quick turbo charge, or use a Battery Mod but not too often.
    08-10-2017 12:29 PM
    Completely naked here.

Love the design of the z play and don't want it hidden. Only plan on buying the turbo Power back.
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    08-14-2017 08:23 PM
    No screen protector for me - Gorilla Glass is good enough to protect against all but the worst scratches. Plus I always face the screen inwards in my pocket and never put keys/change in with it.

So far it still looks perfect!
    08-26-2017 05:01 AM
    Well, I've been without the screen protector for about 2 weeks, and man does it feel good. The screen really does a great job of keeping itself clean, and it feels much smoother than the protector I had on it.

No damage yet, but I'll probably chicken out and put a new protector on.
    08-27-2017 12:18 AM
    Style shell or the JBL Speaker and definitely a screen protector. I've always used screen protectors on my devices. Right now I have a liquid skin but I'm going to order a tempered glass next week.
    08-29-2017 07:46 AM
    I have a glass screen protector and a rubber shell case on. Dropped it one time and screen protector cracked, the screen is fine. Not sure if the screen would have cracked with no protector on.
    09-05-2017 07:26 PM
    I'll never use a phone naked unless it's a rugged style phone.. I drop mine way too often.. Not on cement, but just floors.. Still, if I wanna resell it, I at least want it to be as ding-free as possible.
    10-27-2017 12:39 PM
    I only use a bumper to protect it's screen and metal casing.
    10-31-2017 12:08 PM