I recently got the z2 play and I really like it. I'm wondering though if it's worth the extra $70 or if I should exchange it for the z play and get 15% more battery.
    08-17-2017 06:52 PM
    OG Moto Z Play for the win.
    xeene likes this.
    08-17-2017 11:08 PM
    The Z2 Play has FM radio while the first generation doesn't
    08-17-2017 11:55 PM
    The Z2 Play has FM radio while the first generation doesn't
    What is this thing you call "FM radio"?

😂
    312MotoGus likes this.
    08-18-2017 12:47 AM
    True. Don't listen to radio and could use some if I did. But I think there decision was made for me. Looks like Verizon is it off stock and when in stock only carries white. That's a deal breaker
    08-18-2017 02:28 AM
    Original z play is superior to z2 except in camera department.
    08-20-2017 09:40 AM
    Original z play is superior to z2 except in camera department.
    How is it superior besides battery, which everyone agrees goes to the original Z Play and the lower price? Form factor? Software? The fact that it will likely get one fewer OS software update since it's a year older? Build quality? I certainly wouldn't suggest anyone needs to upgrade to the Z2 Play because it's vastly better because it isn't.
    08-20-2017 01:38 PM
    Z2 doesn't come with style shell cover and costs 2x the original z play costs now. Z2 play with mods ~ $600, z play with mods ~ $300. So for the price of one z2 play you can have 2 z play.

And before you ask where you can get z play for less then 300, https://m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/p...4&currency=USD
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-21-2017 12:51 PM
    That listing at gear best has all the wrong LTE bands for US.
    08-26-2017 05:28 PM
    Z2 Play is a great phone. But, as I'm sure others have said, other than the camera the upgrades are marginal and you likely won't notice them in day to day use. I use the original Play and it runs 100% like a champ. Personally I'd save the money, and purchase as follows:

Z Play 2016
    Moto External Power Pack ($40)
    JBL Speaker Mod.

My guess is for all that stuff you won't be much above the Z2 price, but you'll get a lot more bang for your buck.
    super_rigel likes this.
    08-27-2017 12:07 PM
    I just had the chance to either purchase the Z2 Play or the Z Play. I chose the Z Play quickly over the Z2. If it's not broke don't fix it. The Z Play is overall a killer device. Everything about it is good. I saw no real advantage in paying extra for the Z2. Plus the Z Play was on sale for 350 with a free mod. In the end you simply can't beat the unbelievable battery life of the Z Play. I won't even purchase a battery mod. No need for it. Just style shells and the newest jbl speaker mod in blue.
    08-28-2017 06:46 PM
    I stuck with the z2 play. Loving the metal body and the mm they shaved off makes this thing so light. I still get all day battery without issue. The lowest I got at the end of the day was around 40%. And that was with something like 7hrs of SOT and lots of streaming video
    08-28-2017 06:59 PM
    I stuck with the z2 play. Loving the metal body and the mm they shaved off makes this thing so light. I still get all day battery without issue. The lowest I got at the end of the day was around 40%. And that was with something like 7hrs of SOT and lots of streaming video
    Wow that's just as good. Sounds like both devices are quite similar. My biggest deal was trying to save money so I went with the Z Play being that it was on sale for 350. Hopefully it will receive updates and support for a good while longer. I fear it won't as Android support updates typically don't last that long. Hopefully they will support the Z Play for a good while to come. That's one huge advantage for you with your Z2. You will receive support for a good long while to come.
    08-28-2017 08:12 PM
    Wow that's just as good. Sounds like both devices are quite similar. My biggest deal was trying to save money so I went with the Z Play being that it was on sale for 350. Hopefully it will receive updates and support for a good while longer. I fear it won't as Android support updates typically don't last that long. Hopefully they will support the Z Play for a good while to come. That's one huge advantage for you with your Z2. You will receive support for a good long while to come.
    I thought you had the S8?
    08-28-2017 11:26 PM
    I thought you had the S8?
    I did but I sold it. It never grew on me for some reason. Actually I've never really liked Samsung. I thought I'd like the S8 but I never did. I also went back to cricket and got away from Sprint.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-29-2017 12:14 AM
    I did but I sold it. It never grew on me for some reason. Actually I've never really liked Samsung. I thought I'd like the S8 but I never did. I also went back to cricket and got away from Sprint.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using AC Forums mobile app
    Smart move. Sprint is horrible. I've had a Moto Z Play for the past year. Every time I try a new phone, I come back to the Z Play for the battery life. This phone has ruined other phones for me.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-29-2017 07:13 AM
    Smart move. Sprint is horrible. I've had a Moto Z Play for the past year. Every time I try a new phone, I come back to the Z Play for the battery life. This phone has ruined other phones for me.
    I know what you mean. This battery is unbelievable. The other brief time I owned the Z Play I remember being amazed by the battery. Also the performance of the phone is plenty fast. I've owned both the Moto Z and the Force and I really can't tell a difference in performance. I chose the Z Play over the Z2 due to the battery life and price tag. At 350 with a free wireless shell mod is hard to beat.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-29-2017 07:20 AM
    I know what you mean. This battery is unbelievable. The other brief time I owned the Z Play I remember being amazed by the battery. Also the performance of the phone is plenty fast. I've owned both the Moto Z and the Force and I really can't tell a difference in performance. I chose the Z Play over the Z2 due to the battery life and price tag. At 350 with a free wireless shell mod is hard to beat.
    100%. The only area the Z Force beats the Play is in the build. The Force feels much more premium. I'm not sure what the sides are actually made of, but it feels like stainless steel. That said, I almost always have a case on my phones, so build doesn't really matter. I'm kind of getting that itch for a new phone, but I'm worried that I'd miss the Play. There is something about having absolute confidence my phone will get me through the day no matter how I use it that is so reassuring.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-29-2017 08:56 AM
    100%. The only area the Z Force beats the Play is in the build. The Force feels much more premium. I'm not sure what the sides are actually made of, but it feels like stainless steel. That said, I almost always have a case on my phones, so build doesn't really matter. I'm kind of getting that itch for a new phone, but I'm worried that I'd miss the Play. There is something about having absolute confidence my phone will get me through the day no matter how I use it that is so reassuring.
    No doubt. That's one big reason I went with the Z Play over the Z2 was I knew the battery life was the best on the market. That and it was on sale much cheaper than the Z2. You're right about battery life. You simply can't beat the Z Play.
    08-29-2017 09:56 AM
    The Z Force camera is much better than the Play. Probably that gap narrows with the Z2 Play.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-30-2017 09:23 AM
    I decided to go Z2 Play. it came with free JBL mod offer which sweetened the deal. I like the metal back. or mostly the idea of it being more durable since I rarely carry the phone naked an so never see the back.

The camera sounded like a step up and I hope that I get Android updates for one additional year vs. the Z.

battery life on the Z2 has been incredible. I get two days of normal (normal for me) use so I can only imagine how amazing the Z Play is. But the Z2 is more than enough battery for me.

I doubt the speed is much different between the two.

At $408 with free JBL I skew toward Z2. At $499 unlocked with no free mod the Z is a no-brainer!

I love this phone!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-02-2017 10:50 AM
    I decided to go Z2 Play. it came with free JBL mod offer which sweetened the deal. I like the metal back. or mostly the idea of it being more durable since I rarely carry the phone naked an so never see the back.

The camera sounded like a step up and I hope that I get Android updates for one additional year vs. the Z.

battery life on the Z2 has been incredible. I get two days of normal (normal for me) use so I can only imagine how amazing the Z Play is. But the Z2 is more than enough battery for me.

At $408 with free JBL I skew toward Z2. At $499 unlocked with no free mod the Z is a no-brainer!

I love this phone!
    How's the camera compare?
    09-05-2017 07:17 PM
    Hard to say since I don't have a Z Play to compare to my Z2. The Z2 is 12 mpixel vs 16 mpixel on the Z, and should be better in spite of what might seem a lower resolution. Z2 also has a wider aperture (more light let in and shallower depth of field) and laser autofocus.
    09-08-2017 02:14 AM

I love this phone!
    Where did you find the deal with the free JBL Mod? That is my favorite mod out of all of them.
    09-08-2017 06:57 AM
    If your on Verizon go with the z2, it's $10 a month. Build quality is even better then the z play. And the battery has been pretty close to the z play. Just my 2 cents
    09-09-2017 06:51 AM