I was trying to install the Verizon bumper case and had to put more pressure on the glass than I would have liked trying to pop the corners in. Ended up throwing in the towel for fear of breaking my phone. I saw a CES video where GG3 could easily withstand 100lbs of pressure using a ring on ring test. Can this glass take the kind of pressure I could exert with my hands and not bat an eye?
    08-22-2017 05:50 AM
    I was trying to install the Verizon bumper case and had to put more pressure on the glass than I would have liked trying to pop the corners in. Ended up throwing in the towel for fear of breaking my phone. I saw a CES video where GG3 could easily withstand 100lbs of pressure using a ring on ring test. Can this glass take the kind of pressure I could exert with my hands and not bat an eye?
    I have that bumper, if it's the mod-friendly one you're referring to. And yeah, you do have to apply a fair degree of torque to put it on. But I doubt you have to worry about the gorilla glass 3 while you do.
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    08-22-2017 07:03 AM
    Thanks very much
    08-22-2017 10:41 AM
    I have found the easiest way to install that is to place the top corners in first with the bottom half of the bumper below the phone.

Pull up one of the bottom corners to seat it and then with your forefinger under the remaining corner and thumb on the top of that corner squeeze the last one into place. Doing It that way works nicely for me and you don't have to put any pressure on the glass itself.

That said, I've had a problem with the bumper because of the headphone jack cutout. It just wasn't big enough to completely seat my cords. I drilled it out larger, but eventually it broke the bumper 😕. How is it for you?
    08-22-2017 11:49 AM