So I just left best buy with a Moto Z Play. I had one once before but very briefly before trading it which I regretted. I know the Z2 is out but I preferred the Z Play over it. Anyone else feel that same way? You cannot beat this battery what so ever. Honestly I won't even buy a battery mod. I'll get a few style shells and the newly released JBL speaker mod in blue and I'll be set. I might down the road get a battery mod just to have for back up but I doubt I will use it very often. I thought about the Z2 but for the price difference and it's smaller battery I really did not see an advantage to getting it over the Z Play. What do you guys think. Should I have gone for the Z2 or did I make the right call. The Z Play was on sale for 350 with a free mod at best buy. I just decided to save the money and get the best battery life on the market instead. Thoughts?
    kojak and kbz1960 like this.
    08-28-2017 07:10 PM
    I don't think you can go wrong with either phone, both seem great. As long as you are happy with your choice (sounds like you are) then that's all that really matters. 👍
    08-28-2017 07:15 PM
    I don't think you can go wrong with either phone, both seem great. As long as you are happy with your choice (sounds like you are) then that's all that really matters. 👍
    True. I looked into the Z2 but the battery life on the Z Play is just insane. That played a big role in my decision along with the Z Play being on sale with a free mod. The brief time I owned it before I never had to even use the battery mod so that'll save me another 70 bucks there. I am however going to pick up the newest JBL speaker mod in blue. The speaker mod is my favorite. I used to have the Force when I was with Verizon and I remember using the speaker mod most of the time. Good for movies, music and talking by speaker phone. Now I need to pick up a couple of style shells. I'm not a fan of the wood style mod that comes with it at all. I'm having to use it right now because my free mod best buy didn't have and had to order it. I'm going to order the red ballistic nylon shell for sure and maybe the black leather shell. Definitely the JBL in the next couple of weeks.
    Scott337 likes this.
    08-28-2017 08:07 PM
    Between my wife and I we have every Style Shell, and rotate between them. We each have a JBL Soundboost, we each have an Incipio and she has the Hassleblad. And we each have a new Wireless Style Shell. The only thing we don't own is the projector.
    08-28-2017 08:11 PM
    Between my wife and I we have every Style Shell, and rotate between them. We each have a JBL Soundboost, we each have an Incipio and she has the Hassleblad. And we each have a new Wireless Style Shell. The only thing we don't own is the projector.
    Yeah I'd have no use for the projector myself. I got the wireless shell free with my purchase today but it wasn't in stock so it's on order and will be to me by the 6th. I don't have a wireless charger though but I need the shell as I don't like the wood looking shell that comes with it. I'm also going to pick up a couple different color shells and the newest JBL speaker mod. I want the blue model.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-29-2017 12:18 AM
    Wrapped my wood looking mod shell in 3m black carbon fiber this morning. I could not stand the wood looking style shell. This is much better.

My second go round with the Moto Z Play!!-img_20170829_051918756.jpg

My second go round with the Moto Z Play!!-img_20170829_051902749.jpg

My second go round with the Moto Z Play!!-img_20170829_051855223.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-02 using AC Forums mobile app
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-29-2017 06:27 AM
    Won't that effect the fit of the mod? Looks like the the skin wraps around to the front.
    08-29-2017 06:34 AM
    Won't that effect the fit of the mod? Looks like the the skin wraps around to the front.
    No it's pretty thin and I didn't leave much overhang on the edges to get in the way. If you leave too much it won't stick well. I have it on right now and it's secure. Turned nice. The hardest part is trimming out the camera circle evenly. I have wrapping experience from past projects with my interior dash of vehicles so this wasn't too bad.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-29-2017 07:16 AM
    Here it is installed. It's secure on there just as it was before. Turned out pretty good.

kbz1960 likes this.
    08-29-2017 08:30 AM
    I did the same thing couple days ago, bought another z play for my wife from best buy with free wireless charger mod. So now we have 2 of them in our household.
    She says it's the best phone she has ever had and she had A LOT of phones of every brand in the world but this battery life and moto actions are second to none. Can't argue with her.
    turbochgd, kbz1960 and Apple2Droid like this.
    08-31-2017 12:31 PM
    Agreed
    09-05-2017 07:21 PM
    I did the same thing couple days ago, bought another z play for my wife from best buy with free wireless charger mod. So now we have 2 of them in our household.
    She says it's the best phone she has ever had and she had A LOT of phones of every brand in the world but this battery life and moto actions are second to none. Can't argue with her.
    I for some reason like the Moto Z Play better than the Z2 Play. I'm not sure what it is. In part it's battery life. There is no need for a battery mod on the Moto Z Play. It's unbelievable. I had to take mine back because I thought I had my S8 sold but it fell through. Now I'm dying to go back and get it again. On the plus side I got to keep my free wireless Moto mod so when I do go back and get one I'll have that mod already. I want the new JBL speaker mod. I may go ahead and order one of those so I'll have it when I do go back and get the Z Play.
    09-07-2017 02:08 PM
    So I just left best buy with a Moto Z Play. I had one once before but very briefly before trading it which I regretted. I know the Z2 is out but I preferred the Z Play over it. Anyone else feel that same way? You cannot beat this battery what so ever. Honestly I won't even buy a battery mod. I'll get a few style shells and the newly released JBL speaker mod in blue and I'll be set. I might down the road get a battery mod just to have for back up but I doubt I will use it very often. I thought about the Z2 but for the price difference and it's smaller battery I really did not see an advantage to getting it over the Z Play. What do you guys think. Should I have gone for the Z2 or did I make the right call. The Z Play was on sale for 350 with a free mod at best buy. I just decided to save the money and get the best battery life on the market instead. Thoughts?
    Best Buy just dropped the price to $350. I don't remember if their price match timeframe is 2 weeks or 30 days, but if you paid the higher price, it might be good to see if they'll price match against the newer price.
    experiment 626 likes this.
    09-28-2017 12:34 AM
    Best Buy just dropped the price to $350. I don't remember if their price match timeframe is 2 weeks or 30 days, but if you paid the higher price, it might be good to see if they'll price match against the newer price.
    Is that what best buy has it for right now is $350? Man I wish I had the cash on me. I just bought to brand new phone. My first phone was the Axon 7 Mini for just under $200 bucks. My second one I got the deal of a lifetime on. I came across a brand new Nexus 6p never even opened sealed in box and it's a 64g. The only drawback was the color. He happened to have the frost white model where I wanted the silver model but at the price he offered me there was no way I could pass it up. A brand new in box 64g Nexus 6p for only $150!!! So I have a total combined in two brand new phones of under 350 that would have regular price cost me $850. It's hard to beat but I do still want another Moto Z Play though. I'll eventually pick another one up I hope soon. I'm just spent out right now after buying these two new ones.
    09-28-2017 01:54 PM
    Is that what best buy has it for right now is $350? Man I wish I had the cash on me. I just bought to brand new phone. My first phone was the Axon 7 Mini for just under $200 bucks. My second one I got the deal of a lifetime on. I came across a brand new Nexus 6p never even opened sealed in box and it's a 64g. The only drawback was the color. He happened to have the frost white model where I wanted the silver model but at the price he offered me there was no way I could pass it up. A brand new in box 64g Nexus 6p for only $150!!! So I have a total combined in two brand new phones of under 350 that would have regular price cost me $850. It's hard to beat but I do still want another Moto Z Play though. I'll eventually pick another one up I hope soon. I'm just spent out right now after buying these two new ones.
    Oh yeah, I was reading this thread late last night and somehow missed your post that you took it back. I think you only get so many ZPlay purchases and, after that number, you aren't allowed to buy anymore since you keep selling them to buy something else. That ZPlay doesn't like being dissed for a younger skinnier version. . .

I just bought a gently used one–7 months–and I'm moving out of a 3-yr old Moto X2 that's had a broken screen for almost 2 years. If I love this phone, and I'm pretty sure I will, I might buy a new one so that I can get an extended warranty on it. If I do, I might part with this one for a good price . . .

Potentially less investment for a phone that you keep coming back to . . .
    09-28-2017 06:18 PM
    I haven't been active here for a couple of years and the interface seems to have changed just a bit. Where do I go to see the posts that I've made previously?
    09-28-2017 06:19 PM
    I haven't been active here for a couple of years and the interface seems to have changed just a bit. Where do I go to see the posts that I've made previously?
    Welcome back! If you go to your own individual profile (click on your profile picture if you're on a computer), it'll show you a history of posts you've commented on, etc.
    09-28-2017 06:25 PM
    Welcome back! If you go to your own individual profile (click on your profile picture if you're on a computer), it'll show you a history of posts you've commented on, etc.
    Thanks Morty2264!

I kept trying this by clicking on my profile pic at the top of the browser window, but that never worked. Once I got your post, I clicked on my avatar on a post that I made in this thread and it worked. Seems odd that the the main profile doesn't show this info, doesn't it?

Thanks again!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-28-2017 06:43 PM
    Thanks Morty2264!

I kept trying this by clicking on my profile pic at the top of the browser window, but that never worked. Once I got your post, I clicked on my avatar on a post that I made in this thread and it worked. Seems odd that the the main profile doesn't show this info, doesn't it?

Thanks again!
    Yes, that's quite odd! But glad you found what you were looking for!
    09-28-2017 09:03 PM
    Yes, that's quite odd! But glad you found what you were looking for!
    Yes I did, thanks! And I also just got my Moto Z Play, and this is my first go round. 😊
    10-01-2017 03:13 PM