how to turn off voice input

Ed Stevens1

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just replaced Motrola Droid Mini with Moto Z2 Play. When I open Chrome and tap to enter a search, instead of a keyboard I get a pop-up for voice input. Same thing happened with trying to enter a search in Play Store. How do I turn this off and get the usual keyboard input?

Ed Stevens1

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I would think that would be in your keyboard settings.
Could you be a bit more specific? Settings -> Language & Input -> Virtual Keyboard. Two items there - "Google Voice Typeing", shown as "automatic", and when opened i see nothing that looks realated. The other item, "+Manage Keyboards". Open that and a choice of various language-specific keyboards and again, "google voice typing, automatic, with an on-off slider that does not respond to touch.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you start a new email you should see a keyboard pop up to enter the recipient. That would come from your post, "Manage Keyboards". Open that and a choice of various language-specific keyboards". You do have a keyboard installed, correct?

Ed Stevens1

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If you start a new email you should see a keyboard pop up to enter the recipient. That would come from your post, "Manage Keyboards". Open that and a choice of various language-specific keyboards". You do have a keyboard installed, correct?

No, I don't get a keyboard, I get the "tap to speak". But after poking around some more in "settings" -> Language & Input -> Manage keyboards, I managed to get "Goggle Indic Keyboard (English & Indic Languages) enabled, and that seemed to work. Not sure exactly what I did differently from the several other previous attempts in this area, but seems to be fixed now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae