Contact Sync

lkennard

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Any idea how to choose which contacts show up under dialer? I only want my personal Gmail contacts to show.
I have another Gmail account on my phone, but I switched the setting to sync contacts to off. However, it is still pulling my personal contacts (not my global contact list) from that email account into the dialer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What part of the Dialer are you looking at? Is it the Contacts tab, or the Favorites/Frequent tab (the one with the star)?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, then select Phone. Clear Cache/Data, then see if the contacts persist

lkennard

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I did this. There were two or three phone options, I cleared them all and they are still there.

They were not there before, I don't know why they just recently reappeared.

lkennard

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have it set to only display my Google contacts. I even tried to "customize" contacts and removed the contacts I didn't want shown and it still shows up. I guess I can delete the email account, and reinstall it making sure contacts isn't checked, but I did that originally, and I'm not sure why they're showing up now.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have it set to only display my Google contacts. I even tried to "customize" contacts and removed the contacts I didn't want shown and it still shows up. I guess I can delete the email account, and reinstall it making sure contacts isn't checked, but I did that originally, and I'm not sure why they're showing up now.

What about logging in from a PC, and cleaning up your contacts on Google there, then selecting them on your phone? Have you tried that?
I'd even export them all and manipulate them in excel just to see what I think I see.

If that doesn't work, there are some Android apps that will check for duplicate contacts. You could try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude