Mirror a variety of apps

Theblueanura

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
I teach private classes in a variety of places including community centers and homes. I bought a screencast mini2 with Miracast and used that to display the various documents, slideshows, videos online and webpages that I needed to share in class. Now with the Miracast not natively working on my Z play, I'm stuck. What's out there short of rooting my new phone? These places don't always have WiFi that I can use nor do they always have an available wall to just project onto. Chromecast only supported some apps for video when I researched before getting my dongle in 2014. I need to display anything not just videos and I need to be able to do this when there is no network aside from my phone data/hotspot.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, thew old Chromecast can still mirror the entire phone screen. Connect it where it can update (where there's wifi), then you should be able to use it where there isn't any. (Or, at worst, bring a small router with you and plug it in - it doesn't need the internet, just, in some cases, wifi. A D-Link DWL-G730AP is pocket-size and would work.) Also install Google Home on your phone to drive it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome