Hi,
    Ive been running TMobile on my Z Play since it came out. I'm moving soon to an area with horrible TMobile support, so planned on switching to AT&T.

I went today, and my phone wouldn't connect to LTE. H was fine, but nothing more. I got home and did some research and found that this is a common problem. Has anyone found a work around? I don't need or want to switch phones, I just want to run Att on my Moto z play!

Thanks,
    09-20-2018 04:10 PM
    Make sure you have the right APN settings for AT&T to get LTE. You can easily do a search online to find the correct APN settings needed for the device.
    09-20-2018 05:45 PM
    Make sure you have the right APN settings for AT&T to get LTE. You can easily do a search online to find the correct APN settings needed for the device.
    Yeah, supposedly the guy at the store did that. I didn't bring a Sim card home. I wish I did. I'll get back there tomorrow.
    09-20-2018 07:06 PM
    I got bad news for you. Factory unlocked Z Play won't keep you connected to LTE network while on a phone call. And if your H+ (HSPA) signal in the area is low, you will deal with dropped calls , missing calls - straight to voicemail and mostly crappy phone calls where voices on one or both sides are chopped.
    I've been dealing with it ever since I switched to Att from VZW. I've tried all the tricks to get that stupid feature activated but nothing worked, because ATT doesn't have it on certified devices list.
    The only way to get around it , is that I use Duo for important calls in which case I can rely on and stay connected to LTE. As soon as the phone rings or I dial someone it gets dropped to H. Super frustrating. The only unlocked phones that will get you VoLTE activated are the Pixels , Z3 Play, Essential phone and maybe some from Samsung Galaxy series.
    09-22-2018 03:09 PM