Bluetooth cuts out periodically on my Moto Z4.

mra22d

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
MOTO Z4: All of a sudden my Bluetooth connection for audio (music) cuts out every minute or so for a split second whether it's in my truck, headphones or my speaker. Seems like it happened ever since the Android 10 update? Not sure. How do I fix this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
What app you using for music? Make sure it's not optimized for battery or phone not in power saving mode .

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
MOTO Z4: All of a sudden my Bluetooth connection for audio (music) cuts out every minute or so for a split second whether it's in my truck, headphones or my speaker. Seems like it happened ever since the Android 10 update? Not sure. How do I fix this?
It seems this is a widespread bug affecting many Z4 devices after the latest security patch. Moto tech are aware of the problem and said a fix is in the making. In the meantime these tricks seem to have worked for some people, worth a try.

Try turning off Location Services and WiFi on your Moto Z4.

You can also try unpairing and re-pairing your Bluetooth device again.

Try turning off Bluetooth Scanning.

Set your hotspot to use 5ghz instead of 2.4ghz

Tell us how it goes.

mra22d

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I think it was the location?
My phone doesn't have option to turn Bluetooth scan on or off just pair new device. Never have hotspot on. Re connected numerous times. Seldomly run Wi-Fi.
Seems weird to me to shut off location, what if I'm in an emergency? Didn't completely turn off location just switched the apps that need location from always on to on only when in use. Thoughts on how to keep location on all the time?
Show quoted text

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer