Moto Z Force DROID Reviews

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

A few other reviews point the same things out as well, so a perspective issue. I agree on these points:

The device pricing in relation to expecting decent levels of mod purchases is too high.

Why no 3.5MM on the Force? I recall using the G1 and disliked keeping track of another attachment and no way to charge at same time. Sure there is Bluetooth now, but another expense for good sound quality options and another thing to keep charged.

Why no remote use option for the JBL mod? Seems a silly miss having to always attach to the phone. You can get
better sounding Bluetooth speakers with better battery life for same price and not have attached.

The one point some reviews note (that actually use the device beyond token levels) is it runs hot and drains battery quick with heavier use. MXPE and other device do this too, so a metal unibody device with a 820 SOC should not be a surprise to run hot or drain battery. We are at least another micron level of fabrication reduction before we might reduce this issue. Might.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
The one point some reviews note (that actually use the device beyond token levels) is it runs hot and drains battery quick with heavier use. MXPE and other device do this too, so a metal unibody device with a 820 SOC should not be a surprise to run hot or drain battery. We are at least another micron level of fabrication reduction before we might reduce this issue. Might.

I read review after review talking about how great the S7 and S7 Edge batteries were and having owned both, they are nothing special at all. (And they have glass bodies.)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I read review after review talking about how great the S7 and S7 Edge batteries were and having owned both, they are nothing special at all. (And they have glass bodies.)

Too subjective. Only battery life that really counts is the user's own comparison.

The S7s do have good battery life if mainly light and some medium use and in good signal areas. Then again, most devices have good battery life in those conditions.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola Moto Z & Moto Z Force (Droid Editions) Review

The Anandtech review was very positive with many parts of the Force Droid but its conclusion was tepid. Excellent performance, very good battery life, very good camera, screen could be calibrated better. In particular they were impressed with its gpu performance, perhaps because of an updated driver or other optimization.

The review says Moto phones have been using minimal bezels. They must have been looking at different phones for the last bunch of years. LG and Samsung have been using minimal and zero bezels. Moto has had huge bezels in comparison relatively so.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If the MXPE had better battery life, it would be the gold standard IMO. The 801 and the 1440p LCD though take a battery life toll.

The speakers add a lot for media experience and no mod needed. They sound good, but not as good as the JBL. Then again, the MXPE has a 3.5mm jack and the speakers are built in. Give the MXPE a bigger battery, (there is room based on tear down) and AMOLED display and 820- Bingo!

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The CPU is actually the 808 and the GPU paired with that is the even bigger problem for heat and battery life for the MXPE. But I like the idea of an updated MXPE with AMOLED/820/larger battery.