Moto Z Force DROID Edition Order and Shipping Thread

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yea I never really understand the constant complaining when a phone doesn't have a 64gb option. Especially if the phone has expandable memory. Now if there was no expandable memory on the phone, I could understand the argument. But it has expandable memory...... BUY A MICRO SD CARD! And with all the cloud services out there..... Like I said I don't understand the constant complaining.

Posted via the Android Central App

People have a right to want what they want. It does not have to make sense to everyone.

The fact is that 64GB is available but you can't get it from Verizon and it is a Verizon exclusive.

Last edited:

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
re: I pre-ordered the Moto Z Droid Edition

People have a right to want what they want. It does have to make sense to everyone.

The fact is that 64GB is available but you can't get it from Verizon and it is a Verizon exclusive.

No one is saying that people don't have the right to want what they want smh.

So what does the 64gb do that the 32gb doesn't? Is it a bigger display? Fancier looking? I'm just trying to understand lol.

Oh and btw it is "it DOESN'T have to make sense to everyone"...... Not DOES.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone recieved confirmation from motorola.com, that preordered from motorola.com?

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

I haven't. But I did call Motorola because like a dummy, I didn't write down my order number since they usually are quick with email. They did in fact get my order and gave me my order number.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: I pre-ordered the Moto Z Droid Edition

Ask anything and everything you want; I just want everyone to be nice to each other and have fun.

I was being nice lol..... I was just trying to find out what all the fuss was about because Verizon doesn't have the 64gb z force. Like what is different about it?

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

It's FRIDAY NIGHT! Everyone is hereby ordered to have some fun!

Well I'm waiting on my flight right now so my fun will begin in a few hours when I land lol. I guess no one can tell me what's so special about the 64gb z force? Oh well..... Time to enjoy my vacation! Deuces

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Well I'm waiting on my flight right now so my fun will begin in a few hours when I land lol. I guess no one can tell me what's so special about the 64gb z force? Oh well..... Time to enjoy my vacation! Deuces

I have no idea what's special, but I always buy the highest storage option available. Other than that one thing the phones are identical.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
No one is saying that people don't have the right to want what they want smh.

So what does the 64gb do that the 32gb doesn't? Is it a bigger display? Fancier looking? I'm just trying to understand lol.

Oh and btw it is "it DOESN'T have to make sense to everyone"...... Not DOES.

Of course people are saying it.
What does 64 give you that 32 doesnt..... More storage especially for apps. Even if your phone is capable of moving apps to SD, it's more efficient to run apps on internal storage than moving them to SD. It's all about choice..
If you are happy with less memory out of the box than go for it
Thanks for the spell check correction.

Have a nice day unless you make other plans.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Yea I never really understand the constant complaining when a phone doesn't have a 64gb option. Especially if the phone has expandable memory. Now if there was no expandable memory on the phone, I could understand the argument. But it has expandable memory...... BUY A MICRO SD CARD! And with all the cloud services out there..... Like I said I don't understand the constant complaining.

A-Memory is very cheap and putting 64GB is more practical. It's like you paying 1.99 for a 20OZ water or 2.05 for a 1L of water.

B-some apps doesn't allow installing onto SD card so you need that space. Games aren't in the MB storage space anymore. Games are near 1-2GB of space.

C-Phone memory is much faster then any MicroSD card

D-Cloud service is useless, you need gold service to see anything or listen to anything. If you travel, that cloud service is no good. Also much faster to have it on your local storage then cloud.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Can't most app data on external. If you play games and use other apps, not hard at all to fill 25GB (usual free space on 32gb, counting needed space to update apps without storage space error).

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

A-Memory is very cheap and putting 64GB is more practical. It's like you paying 1.99 for a 20OZ water or 2.05 for a 1L of water.

B-some apps doesn't allow installing onto SD card so you need that space. Games aren't in the MB storage space anymore. Games are near 1-2GB of space.

C-Phone memory is much faster then any MicroSD card

D-Cloud service is useless, you need gold service to see anything or listen to anything. If you travel, that cloud service is no good. Also much faster to have it on your local storage then cloud.
Clouds as a rationale for not needing much storage crack me up, since you have to be around an Internet source to use, or waste your data plan to download your own data. I find it ironic some people seem to always be incredulous about people wanting storage space, but people on the other side of perspective are not.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Clouds as a rationale for not needing much storage crack me up, since you have to be around an Internet source to use, or waste your data plan to download your own data. I find it ironic some people seem to always be incredulous about people wanting storage space, but people on the other side of perspective are not.

Yup, cloud works great for some people... and not well or not at all for others. I'm a little surprised more manufacturers aren't offering 128gb or higher capacities regularly. It's an easy upsell with big profit margins, and shouldn't add much (if any) complication to updates & service. Heck, I'm surprised manufacturers haven't embraced ditching microSD support in favor of charging more for higher capacity phones... (I'm not saying I want them to, but just that I'm surprised they haven't.)