What third-party chargers are you using for TurboPower/Fast Charging on the Moto Z Force?

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
What third-party chargers are you using for TurboPower/Fast Charging on the Moto Z Force? Also what third-party cables re you using? USB-A to USB-C or just C to C?

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Anything QC 2.0. I have several, and not all the same brands. One is 5 QC ports, 1 is 6 ports, two QC and 4 autosensing fast charge ports. Battery packs with 1 fast and one QC port. Some Anker, some Generic.

Posted via the Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I got some micro usb to usb c connectors off amazon. I have the original turbo charger and a couple cheap anker chargers. Not sure how the connectors will hold up but going to find out. I tried going cheap rather than buying usb c cables. Might work or might not but ive got way too many micro usb cables to not try.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a couple Apple USB-C chargers, which work just as well as the included Moto charger. They even give the "Turbo Charge" notification when used. I have a couple QC 2.0 car chargers, but they work like a normal charger, no fast charging. And I bought several good quality USC cables recently (Apple, Anker), figuring that everything seems to be heading the USB C way anyway, so might as well join the line.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Once I figure out which chargers I'm gonna use I might have to invest in some cables. I bought cheap connectors off Amazon to keep using all of my micro USB cables but not sure that's gonna work out long term.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my 6P charger. The charger that came with the phone is still in the box.

Posted via the Android Central App

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Also why can we not buy the new TurboPower chargers from Motorola's site? It is still only displaying the 15W version with micro USB.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Also why can we not buy the new TurboPower chargers from Motorola's site? It is still only displaying the 15W version with micro USB.

Can't get the Style Mods either. Wonder if they're waiting to offer them until after the Verizon exclusivity period has ended?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can't get the Style Mods either. Wonder if they're waiting to offer them until after the Verizon exclusivity period has ended?

I ordered the red nylon Style Shell with my Force.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

jtriplet

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Insignia usb-c car charger from best buy triggers turbo charging
045a66d8e2b00f85078a26647ce4159a.jpg
16645c4e7ee53894cd97264556b6f13b.jpg

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So basically normal fast charge speeds I get on any fast charger, QC or not. But not actual Turbo (like 3000+ speeds).

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So basically normal fast charge speeds I get on any fast charger, QC or not. But not actual Turbo (like 3000+ speeds).

That was my thought - it's the same as a good normal charger. The difference being that the phone seems to require "Turbo" to charge attached mods.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
From what I can tell, any charger that can deliver 2.5 A or more will enable the fast charging notification. The 110 V turbo charger will provide up to 5.5 amps and is extremely quick. Less amps longer charging time...

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
From what I can tell, any charger that can deliver 2.5 A or more will enable the fast charging notification. The 110 V turbo charger will provide up to 5.5 amps and is extremely quick. Less amps longer charging time...
If it elicits the Turbo Charge, does that mean it will also charge the battery Mod?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If it elicits the Turbo Charge, does that mean it will also charge the battery Mod?

Yes it will. I have tried several different chargers over the last month. As long as it says turbo charging it will switch to charge the mod no matter what the speed is.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't matter if you are turbo charging or not. Once the phone is fully charged, the battery-containing mods will begin to charge. With a low-output (2.0 A or less) charger, it takes a loooooooong time after the phone reads 100% before the mods begin charging, but they do charge. If you throw your phone and mod on a charger and leave it for a few hours or overnight, everything will charge up fine. The Moto turbo charger just crams 5.5 A into the phone so everything happens faster. To be honest, I think any battery will likely last longer if you charge slower anyway if you can wait.