Just picked up the Z Force

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Best buy had it so low on contract plus a free JBL Module that I pulled the trigger. I'm highly impressed with the phone! Neither of the new Samsungs did it for me. Motorola if I'm going to use Android I have found to be the best Android devices. I'm hoping that more modules keep coming and the idea takes off. It was a tough choice between the two models but in the end the regular Z was just too thin and I couldnt get used to it. What are everyone's thought between the two and why did you choose the Force like I did?

Posted via the Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Congrats!!! For me the Z felt too thin and light. The force had the bigger battery. Of all the mods and features battery life is most important to me.

Enjoy it. Check out the forums in here and the Z also. Same setup on the phone so if I'm looking for something I check there after here.

Welcome to the club

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Thanks a bunch! Yeah I thought the Z was a bit skinny or thin too. The JBL speaker is actually really nice. It works well for speaker phone too. I'm definitely digging this new Z Force. Thanks again for the welcome

anon(9702034)

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I also took advantage of the Best Buy contract offer. After a couple weeks of ownership, I am even more impressed with it now than I was when I first got it. Love the speaker mod. I also picked up the Incipio Battery Mod, as well as the Verizon bumper case and Verizon regular film type screen protectors. It's an awesome combination, plus the added bonus of wireless charging thanks to the battery mod. Enjoy you're new phone.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Congrats! I went with the Force. The battery on the regular Z is so small I would have had to keep the battery mod on at all times. With the Z Force, the battery is big enough that I only use the battery mod on days I know I'll be away from a charger or outlet.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Even though my 2015 MXPE is still quite a good device (except for the battery) I got the Force. It doesn't have the charm of the MXPE but it is so fast and responsive. So far the battery life is quite good (only two days in). Having an AMOLED screen again is nice and it is a very solid device. I haven't received my free JBL speaker from Best Buy yet but that should be fun. I'll probably get a battery pack and some other style shells at some point. I haven't tested the camera yet. The fingerprint scanner is addictive as someone pointed out. Even with its issues I got the Verizon bumper for edge protection and a Verizon glass screen protector put on at Verizon that initially looked quite good but once I put the bumper on some spots appeared on a few of the edges. It feels like a very premium device.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Even though my 2015 MXPE is still quite a good device (except for the battery) I got the Force. It doesn't have the charm of the MXPE but it is so fast and responsive. So far the battery life is quite good (only two days in). Having an AMOLED screen again is nice and it is a very solid device. I haven't received my free JBL speaker from Best Buy yet but that should be fun. I'll probably get a battery pack and some other style shells at some point. I haven't tested the camera yet. The fingerprint scanner is addictive as someone pointed out. Even with its issues I got the Verizon bumper for edge protection and a Verizon glass screen protector put on at Verizon that initially looked quite good but once I put the bumper on some spots appeared on a few of the edges. It feels like a very premium device.

Also have the 2015 MXPE. A couple of questions if you don't mind. Is the speaker much of a let down after the duals on the MXPE? And how do you like the size change from the MXPE to the Force? More pocketable I'm thinking, is the bit smaller size more of a sweet spot? My MXPE is still quite snappy fast. Do you notice a big difference in speed? TIA

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually think the MXPE is more comfortable; despite the larger screen it is not as wide or tall as the Force. But there is a HUGE difference in memory capacity and management. The Force doesn't have to reload apps like the MXPE. I haven't tested the speakers head to head yet. The screen of the MXPE is a huge battery hog compared to the Force.