Best Buy exchange for new deal.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Purchased my Force last night and got a free battery mod. Their new deal posted today is $200 off or $200 gift card plus free JBL speaker.

Do I have to do a full exchange. Actually worth taking the restocking $35 fee. In order to get the new deal.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Local BB has the same deal - $99.99 with a 2 year contract - usually $299.99 + the JBL speaker Mod

I think only BB can answer the exchange question. I'd be there when to doors open to check it out.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
They charge a restocking fee? Is that because it was purchased on contract instead of full retail? I've never had BB charge me a restock fee, but I only do full retail, so I'm wondering if that's why. But yes, I would totally do one of the new deals. Welcome to the club, hope it works well for you.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
According to their website. They now charge a $35 restocking like the carrier stores. Unless the phone you purchased was defective of course.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Nah that one was still available from my original Moto Z Droid. I think I may get the Droid again instead of the Force on this exchange.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Nah that one was still available from my original Moto Z Droid. I think I may get the Droid again instead of the Force on this exchange.

Just be aware, the regular Z battery is not nearly as good as the Force. (Neither is the camera.)

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just be aware, the regular Z battery is not nearly as good as the Force. (Neither is the camera.)

I originally bought the Z Droid at release. I was able to get between 4 and 5 hours of SOT. I find it feels a bit better in the hand than the Force. With the style mod installed the Force is actually rather thick.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I originally bought the Z Droid at release. I was able to get between 4 and 5 hours of SOT. I find it feels a bit better in the hand than the Force. With the style mod installed the Force is actually rather thick.

Gotcha. I got a leather style mod back from Moto and you hardly know it's there, aside from the extra grip it gives. It's thinner than the "wooden" one they include. Different strokes for different folks as I found the regular Z to be too thin. Felt like I was gonna drop it!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Deals just seems to come and go with this phone. I'm waiting to see what happens Black Friday sale. Phone plus projector, speakers, and battery mod might be the deal at the rate it's going now.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Did the return, got the Droid. They waived the restocking fee. Can't beat $200 GC and a JBL Speaker Mod!

Good for you man! That is a heck of a deal brother. I thought my free JBL was a good deal but wow!!! Add a 200 dollar gift card on top of the JBL and it's one of the sweetest deals you can get! I dig Best Buy actually. My other phone is a Sony Experia X. Long to short as it's a long story but the short, Best Buy sold me or allowed me to purchase the Experia X which retails for 549 and I paid 199!! I am super stoked about that deal.

Glad they took care of you. What's your purchase plans for with the freebee gift card? Definitely pick you up a tempered glass and a battery mod with it. Compliments of Best Buy!!

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to put towards a Surface Pro 4 for school. I grabbed an Omoton tempered glass from Amazon and while it protects the screen. It's entirely too small. They overcompensated for the curves of the Moto Z.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL