Bluetooth Not Turning On

eversonnc

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
After the last security update, Bluetooth won't even turn on now. I continue to click it, the slider moves to the right (still stays Greyed out) and then slides automatically back to the left. I've rebooted the phone and tried again over and over and it won't work.

Is anyone else having an issue with this?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing it's an app issue. Because I ask everyone with weird problems this question, do you have the app Gas Buddy installed by any chance?

eversonnc

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
No I don't have gas buddy. I've actually deleted any apps that I may have downloaded before the issue started and it's still not working. I really don't want to do a Factory Reset but it's looking more and more like I might have to.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had this exact same issue, as have at least one other person on the Moto/Lenovo forum. The BT radio refuses to turn on, in safe mode, after wiping the cache partition, or after a complete factory reset. Happened immediately after the September udpate. I suspect an update software issue. I received a replacement phone from Verizon, installed all of my previous apps from backup and then successfully applied both the July and September updates. Since this has not happened to everyone, it may be connected to some custom issue. On my previous phone, I renamed my device name on Bluetooth. I did not do that for my replacement. It is possible that changing the BT device string caused the update to bork. It's a hypothesis anyway. Anyone experiencing this problem rename their device?

eversonnc

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Well this morning as soon as I took it off of charge it started going into an infinite reboot cycle. I was able to stop it. Then it wouldn't connect to WiFi. I did a factory reset and it wouldn't even activate after the reset. Took it to Verizon and I'm getting a new one tomorrow.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well this morning as soon as I took it off of charge it started going into an infinite reboot cycle. I was able to stop it. Then it wouldn't connect to WiFi. I did a factory reset and it wouldn't even activate after the reset. Took it to Verizon and I'm getting a new one tomorrow.

Well at least you know it was a complete hardware FUBAR. Verizon replaced my phone via overnight shipment. Reinstalling from backup was a snap.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49