Does it annoy you how all the reviews say Lenovo not Motorola?

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Does it annoy you too? The phone is a Motorola, just because it's owned by Lenovo, doesn't mean it IS one. I don't get why all reviewers keep saying g it is a Lenovo when it's a Motorola. That would be like someone reviewing an Acura RLX for example and keep referring g to it as a Honda

What are your thoughts?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I really never noticed. (Just two mentions of Lenovo, in passing, referring of the sale of Motorola.) Honestly, I don't really care. (Also, technically Lenovo decided to change the Motorola name to Moto earlier this year.)

Motorola's management from before the sale have all left, and a Lenovo manager now runs the division, so it's probably accurate anyway.

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
What I worry about:

- World Hunger and Disease
- ISIS
- Domestic terrorism
- Getting shanked
- That we are doomed for four more years
- Snakes in my shoes before I put them on

So no, reviews saying my phone is Lenovo and not Motorola does not annoy me. Lenovo bought Motorola and it might still be made by the same Chinese workers getting paid $.07 a day as before, but in the end, its a phone.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I have a Lenovo (IBM) laptop and it is one of the best built laptops I've had in a long time. So having a phone that is Lenovo (Motorola) is no problem for me. Now, if they start cutting corners in the future and build quality goes down or anything else for that matter, then yes, I'd be very unhappy with them.

But what I took from the Note 7 debacle was to stop being brand loyal and look around with an open mind before making a purchase.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't bother me, I have a Lenovo desktop I use. To me the only remaining Motorola is Motorola Solutions, lol and that is because that is where my paycheck comes from...

questionfear

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
What I worry about:

- World Hunger and Disease
- ISIS
- Domestic terrorism
- Getting shanked
- That we are doomed for four more years
- Snakes in my shoes before I put them on

So no, reviews saying my phone is Lenovo and not Motorola does not annoy me. Lenovo bought Motorola and it might still be made by the same Chinese workers getting paid $.07 a day as before, but in the end, its a phone.

Agreed, though I would rank snakes in your shoes higher. I once spent a week camping in the Negev desert in Israel, and the first night our group leader told us to check our boots each morning for snakes and scorpions. I opted just to sleep in the boots, with a hoodie practically pulled over my whole face. I would rank scorpions and snakes in any of my clothes far higher, because that has become a legitimate phobia ever since that experience.

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Agreed, though I would rank snakes in your shoes higher. I once spent a week camping in the Negev desert in Israel, and the first night our group leader told us to check our boots each morning for snakes and scorpions. I opted just to sleep in the boots, with a hoodie practically pulled over my whole face. I would rank scorpions and snakes in any of my clothes far higher, because that has become a legitimate phobia ever since that experience.

I kid you not, snakes popping out of random places keeps me up at night. Like opening your toilet only to see Mr. Snake poking his head through. I remember reading a news story on that 20 years ago and quickly learned how to speed poo.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
No . I think it bothers me more when you read the comparison articles and they totally ignore the Z Force when it's easily as good as the other top tier phones .

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No . I think it bothers me more when you read the comparison articles and they totally ignore the Z Force when it's easily as good as the other top tier phones .
Totally agree, I have a Pixel XL and the Z Force. After a few days playing around with the Pixel, I couldn't wait to get back to my Z Force. Passed the Pixel down to one of my kids.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Also agreed

It hardly gets any props from AC or Droid Life, but it should be in the conversation every time

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure? I thought there was a Moto Z Force, which could be used on several carriers, and the Moto Z Force Droid, which was Verizon exclusive.

There are 5 Moto Zs: Moto Z Play, Moto Z Play DROID, Moto Z, Moto Z DROID, and Moto Z Force Droid.

There is no non-Droid Moto Z Force.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure? I thought there was a Moto Z Force, which could be used on several carriers, and the Moto Z Force Droid, which was Verizon exclusive.
The Moto Z Force can be used on other carriers, although you might be missing a few bands. But it's still a Verizon exclusive and that perturbs the cognoscenti at several Android websites. So it's not judged on its own merits because of this.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree, I have a Pixel XL and the Z Force. After a few days playing around with the Pixel, I couldn't wait to get back to my Z Force. Passed the Pixel down to one of my kids.

How does the Force compare to the Pixel XL in terms of battery life and camera?