Recent Battery Drain

Joseph Coates

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I'm not sure if it and app, and its not terrible, but in the past few weeks the battery seems to be losing power more quickly. I used to be able to leave it at night and it would drop 10-20%, not its dropping about 40%. I'm also using 10-15% more during the day. Any suggestions? If I have to do a factory reset, how do I back up my texts? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Seeing some battery stats might be helpful. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I've also noticed that my Z Force has been draining battery somewhat quickly while in my pocket. Not anything crazy, but 2-3% per hour with virtually no use. I thought this used to be more like 1%. What are your experiences with standby battery?

As an aside, Doze is working because I lost only 3% overnight. Is it possible the Z Force just isn't that well optimized for background activity?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol