remove email from Moto app?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried the default E-mail app on my Moto Z Force Droid. Didn't like it, but can't find a way to actually remove the email from that app?

I can stop it from syncing, bit can't actually remove the account?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Wait, can't you go into settings / accounts and, under email, actually delete the email account from there? (Don't have a Z Force, but all previous Moto Droids going back to the 2013 Maxx allow this.)

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Wait, can't you go into settings / accounts and, under email, actually delete the email account from there? (Don't have a Z Force, but all previous Moto Droids going back to the 2013 Maxx allow this.)

right, that is what I was expecting, but I do not see it as an option

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
IIRC, you have to click on the account and then there is an option or a settings spot to delete it from

i have tried just about everything. Open Email app, hamburger menu, i have 2 email accounts listed. one I want in there, and one I do not. Trying to remove the one I do not want.

Open Email app, hamburger menu, long press on the email account I dont want, nothing happens. Single press, it just goes to the inbox for that account.

Open Email app, hamburger menu, scroll down, Settings, and i get 3 options. General Settings and my 2 email accounts names. General settings seems to have no options that are relevant. Once again, a long press on the account i do not want does not do anything.

Single press at that point gets you into the Settings for that email account, but again i do not see anything that looks like Delete Account and/or Remove Account

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Swipe at the name of the email rather than long-press?

Or, in the settings app, find the account, tap it. Tap the three button menu control top right, tap remove account?

(When I say the settings app, I don't mean the settings in the email app itself. I mean home, open list of apps, find settings, your list of accounts should be in there.)

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Swipe at the name of the email rather than long-press?

Or, in the settings app, find the account, tap it. Tap the three button menu control top right, tap remove account?

(When I say the settings app, I don't mean the settings in the email app itself. I mean home, open list of apps, find settings, your list of accounts should be in there.)

Swipe didn't work. 2nd part did, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz